Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading bar question

Options
  • 24-07-2006 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Anyone know how to create a loading bar for a webpage
    One of those things that goes from 0-100% when the page is loading

I'm fairly new to web design so any help would be great

The site is here and I wanna put one in between the Enter page and the main page. Or at the start would do - the pages are very slow to load ye see.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭sh_o

Hi Smiler,

From looking at your site, I would recommend that you change the size of the images rather than worrying about a loading bar - your animated gif is over 100K, also the other pictures are quite large - surly that size can be reduced?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

I didn't find a single lag on the site apart from the header images after entering the site, I cant see where you would put a loading bar though. sh_o is right about making the gif smaller, but also if it were possible to prioritize the header to load first and then the animated gif it would sort the problem out, they dont seem to begin loading until after the gif ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Smiler

Okay cool.Like I said i'm pretty new to the web. Sounds like a lot of work :mad:
    I was lookin for a quick easy answer:D

Cheers lads

Advertisement