Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Repair/Reinstall quick question...

• 24-07-2006 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought a laptop (Dell D600) 3 years ago when I entered college. At this stage it is really acting up and is giving me some really annoying errors and is just generally slow. I want to start afresh and have backed up everything of importance onto my iPod.

In anticipation of this, I have looked out the discs that came with my computer. I have 4 "Bootable Recovery" discs which "is provided for the purpose of restoring the productsand other software contained herein which was originally licensed and pre-installed on the system hard drive."

My question is, should I use these discs to restore the system, or the Windows XP master disc?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think you'll have to use the master disc to use you repair installation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Ruu wrote:
    I think you'll have to use the master disc to use you repair installation.
    OK, thanks Ruu. The problem now is that I can't find that 25 digit license code. Ugh, what a nightmare.

Thanks though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

If it's a Dell laptop code could be under the Battery.

21/25

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

besty wrote:
    OK, thanks Ruu. The problem now is that I can't find that 25 digit license code. Ugh, what a nightmare.

Thanks though.
    should be on a green sticker

or use the magic jellybean keyfinder

wpa.dbl in c:\windows\system32 is handy to backup, more for activation and only works on the same HW

Advertisement