Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on wireless broadband please!?

• 24-07-2006 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

basically, i'm a student on a student budget so I need cheap (wireless) broadband! however I don't want something that's gonna cause me endless problems either! does such a wireless broadband product exist?!

what's the best wireless broadband in ireland in your opinion, and the cheapest?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Not Ibb though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

clearwire is fine for web and email but dodgy for everything else.

try digiweb metro . Its €20 a month but 1 year contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Sponge Bob wrote:
    try digiweb metro . Its €20 a month but 1 year contract.

Is that wireless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

it is indeedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah also Digiweb for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

zoro wrote:
    it is indeedy

Are you sure though? Coz if you look on their website http://www.digiweb.ie/index_athome.asp the Wireless broadband is different to the Metro broadband. So surely the Metro one isn't wireless if they have a separate one called Wireless???

I'm so confused about wireless broadband..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Digiweb have 2 wireless products - "Wireless", which is poop if I'm to believe this forum (which I do); and "Metro", which is simply fantastic when it works but horribly horrible when it doesn't. (There have been many horror stories about their Metro service on this forum, but they've nearly completely cleaned up all the bugs that were causing havoc on their systems. You'll probably find that the vast majority of users now are extremely happy)

Advertisement