Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to suspend activity on a credit card

Options
  • 24-07-2006 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Can you tell me is it possible to put a credit card on hold.
    I just dont want any potential activity on it while I am away as I will not be taking it with me.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Yup

Give it to your mum :D

Seriously though tell your bank you want it locked out till a time dictated by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Is that possible though because I dont want to ring them and say can you lock the card until I am back from hols and they say wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Why not??

They'll prob offer to up the limit since you are going away, but just tell them you want it put on hold, if they say they can't just comment that it would be easier to cancel the whole account then if thats the case.

Smart man by the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It might be a good idea I suppose but I think you are pretty safe, theres security in place to protect your account. I buy a heap of stuff from eBay and use Paypal all the time and I noticed my card was rejected after one purchase. I gave the credit card company a call, a "watchdog" had been set on my account and it was frozen until they got my information and made sure the transfers (Paypal ones) were all mine. Good to know such a thing was in place.:)

Advertisement