Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 '00 Advice

Options
  • 24-07-2006 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I'm in the market to buy a car and I've had a mate look around for me. He's come back with a '00 A3 navy, with 42K on the clock. What would you pay for this?? There's not a whole lot of extra's. I'll be lookin at it at the end of the week but as far as i know the interiors grand, clean, with a sunroof?

Anyone bought one recently? Or have one? Good to drive? Any known issues? Any help would be grealty appriciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

From a reliabilty point of view they are quite good. Better than an A4 of that year. Some give throttle body trouble and air flow meter problems but neither problems are widespread. The odd one suffers from rattles.

Overall they are a good solid car that are quite comfortable to drive - in a big saloon sort of way while still retaining a definite hatchback 'feel'.

As for price, this might help you..... >>> http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=2&xMakeID=2&ModelID=12&xModelID=12&Year=2000&xYear=2000&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The mileage sounds good, see what sort of Golf you can get for the same money, don't pay over the odds for it, it is 6 years old after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

crosstownk wrote:
    From a reliabilty point of view they are quite good. Better than an A4 of that year. Some give throttle body trouble and air flow meter problems but neither problems are widespread. The odd one suffers from rattles.

Overall they are a good solid car that are quite comfortable to drive - in a big saloon sort of way while still retaining a definite hatchback 'feel'.

As for price, this might help you..... >>> http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&maxrows=100&MakeID=2&xMakeID=2&ModelID=12&xModelID=12&Year=2000&xYear=2000&submit=Find+cars+%3E%3E

Think VW/Audi's of that year all had that trouble...not a big job to get sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

What's the engine size 1.6, 1.8T or 1.9TDI?

The coils gave trouble in the 1.8T models but should have been replaced under warranty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭henry hill

Moanin wrote:
    What's the engine size 1.6, 1.8T or 1.9TDI?

Its a 1.6? What kinda money would you pay a dealer for it? I know what i'd pay but wanted to get a third opinion?

What alloys would you get for it? Do the RS4 ones only come in 18inch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭tyney

I have a 01 65kmiles 5 door 1.6,and a main toyota dealer offered me 10k for it against a 20k avensis verso.

Advertisement