Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best and Worst Doormen in Town

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That's just bouncer talk for 'the pub is full'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

That's just bouncer talk for 'the pub is full'.

Nah its not, they tell you "regulars only" and then let the next shower of spunkers in :eek:

A good one was last wkend when I was near Cocoon, heard the clown on the door say to 2 lads "Are you on the guest list folks?"
    MAJOR lol ! Guest list me bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Sizzler wrote:
    Regulars only, the biggest load of bollix I have ever heard. Its the bouncer get out of jail card when he think of fock all else to say or hes just bored and wants to amuse himself. What a load of shoite.

Name me one pub in town that has 'regulars'. If a pub has a regular policy only then they should call it a members club and be done with it.

Agreed, regulars only is the biggest pile of crap. Remember years ago went to go to a local pub and meet my Mam inside cos ut was her birthday. Bouncer asked me was I regular and instead of thinkinag and saying "Yes, I'm here all the time" I came out with "Am I f*ck! I wouldn't normally drink in this kip if you paid me". Needless to say I was refused :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Sizzler wrote:
    A good one was last wkend when I was near Cocoon, heard the clown on the door say to 2 lads "Are you on the guest list folks?"
    MAJOR lol ! Guest list me bollix.

Reminds me of a club I knew of in Soho in London. Bouncer would open the door and ask for the password.

To which the correct reply was - there is no password. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Worst bouncer i have ever met works in Bradys in Maynooth. He's about 5' 0 . He's got a fire engine red face and attitude befitting an argentinian rape beast. He stops people at the door for NO reason at all, refuses to let them in "we're full, noone else is coming in". He then starts oodling over the women in the queue in the vain hope that one of them may look beyond his "gods taking the piss with this dogs dinner" of a face and maybe jump his little primordial dwarf bones.

One time i was just finished work and was allowed into the pub by one of the other bouncers, went up the stairs and just going into the bar he runs up after me and rips my bag off my back. Opens it in the middle of the bar and pours all my work stuff all over the ground. Hissing about drink in my bag, of which there was none. Then he left it there and walked off.
    Another time i went out for a cigarette and was going to head back into the bar and he stopped me and asked for ID, my jacket wallet everything inside with my friends. HE then says "it doesnt matter, you've had too much to drink." I had literally walked out the door 2 minutes before.

The best bouncers are generally the ones who do their jobs and dont give customers ****. The ones in fibbers and Dorans are alright. And the ones in Wax arent bad either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I am locking this thread as I am sure a lot of the info is out of date seems as the thread is 2 years old.

Feel free to start a new thread if you wish.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement