Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kid Kash to be Suspended

• 24-07-2006 9:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭

From Rajah.com:
    Kid Kash is expected to be suspended from WWE after tomorrow night’s tapings. The reasons regarding his suspension are unknown at this point.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah..that's bad news. He was excellent at the GAB

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

WOW, WWE really aren't messing around when it comes to their suspensions lately. Its surprising aswell because there seems to be a bit of an injury problem on top of all that.

On the topic of injuries, can anyone tell me when Benoit is due back roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

If they keep this up they'll have to merge SD with ECW,and they're thin on the ground as it is!

Ah, there's still plenty of guys left on SD. I really doubt they'll merge any shows

Benoit is out "indefinitely". He's healing a shoulder injury and some "mental issues" aswell apparently

From PWInsider.com:
    According to a number of sources, Matt Hardy has joined the list of WWE talent that will be taken out of action shortly by the company, although we haven't heard further details on Hardy's situation.

So maybe they are running low on guys..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Is that like as in a suspension or have him sleep with the fishes? It sounds sinister...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From PWInsider:
    Kid Kash and Jamie Noble not expected to be appearing on WWE TV for at least a month. The tag team members seem to have a personal situation going on involving one or both members of the team.

I was hoping that they would continue their feud with London & Kendrick for a while, they had a great match at GAB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

there dropping like flies

Gunner Scott liver infection
    Mark Henry injured knee
    The Great Khali liver infection
    Bobby Lashey liver infection
    Super Crazy unknown
    Kristal bruised ribs after ashley kicked her
    matt hardy-liver infection
    ken kennedy-although not serious, he just just got busted open during his match against batista. he'll be fine.
    Kid Kash-suspended as of tonight. personall issues
    jaime noble as well???

so since wrestlemania of this year

Kurt Angle-gne to ecw
    JBL-out with an injury, now smackdown commentator
    Chris Benoit-out with injuries
    Randy Orton- gone to raw
    Boogyman-still injured, wont be back until september
    paul burchill-knee injury

at this stage: batista, booker t, chavo, rey, vito, finley, regal, little b*****d, the undertaker???? is whats left of smackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Just read this on another forum:
    According to Mike Johnson, Kid Kash is not being suspended. He has a personal matter he needs to tend to and will be off the road for around 30 days. The WWE
    has decided to take Jamie Noble off the road while Kash is gone since they are a tag team. There is talk that Kasey James and Aaron Stevens could debut as early as this week on Smackdown to take their place.

- Johnson also reports that both Nick Berk and Colt Cabana are close to being offered developmental deals by the WWE. Berk was backstage at all the recent house shows in Texas and really impressed management with his Tom Jones/Lounge
    Lizard gimmick.

I would LOVE to see Cabana in the WWE doing his goofy gimmick, it would be so over its not right.

Glad to hear theres no disciplinary actoin being taken against Kash or Noble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Just a little bit of info on the casues of elevated liver enzymes which many of them seem to be diagnosed with:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/elevated-liver-enzymes/HQ01011

A laboratory report of elevated liver enzymes is common. It doesn't indicate a specific disease. However, it may be due to a liver disorder, even if you don't have any symptoms of liver problems. To determine the underlying cause of elevated liver enzymes, your doctor may recommend further testing.

Liver enzymes help maintain a variety of chemical and metabolic processes that occur in the liver. Normally, only very small amounts of these enzymes are present in your blood.

Common causes of elevated liver enzymes include:

* Medications, such as certain nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, cholesterol-lowering medications, antibiotics and anti-seizure medications
    * Drinking too much alcohol
    * Obesity
    * Diabetes
    * Elevated triglycerides
    * Infection, such as viral hepatitis and mononucleosis
    * Autoimmune disorders of the liver and bile ducts, such as autoimmune hepatitis and primary sclerosing cholangitis and primary biliary cirrhosis
    * Metabolic liver disease, such as hemochromatosis and Wilson's disease
    * Excessive use of vitamin supplements and certain herbal supplements
    * Tumors of the liver or bile ducts

Treatment of elevated liver enzyme depends on the underlying cause

• Advertisement

Gunner Scott liver infection
    Super Crazy unknown
    Kristal bruised ribs after ashley kicked her

Gunner Scott is fine, he was just sent back to OVW cos WWE didn't think things were workin out. It was reported that Super Crazy has a liver problem too. I doubt too many people are concerned with Kristal's injury as far as SD is concerned!

They should get Daivari into the ring. He's a decent wrestler. Simon Dean even more so if they'd use him right. They're not using the Gymini much, but they'll probably have to. Scotty could be ok on tv, but I think his gimmick is a bit old at this stage. Joey Mercury could be back soon. And they've got plenty of young new guys they could bring up, they're far from ****ed

hey thats what i heard, gunner scott has liver problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

According to Mike Johnson, Kid Kash is not being suspended. He has a personal matter he needs to tend to and will be off the road for around 30 days.

ok does anyone find it the least bit suspicious that Kid kash's problem and how long it will take to resolve is exactly the amount of time a wrestler is suspended for a first offence for violating the wellness programme

nah me either

;)

Shin

shinzon wrote:
    ok does anyone find it the least bit suspicious that Kid kash's problem and how long it will take to resolve is exactly the amount of time a wrestler is suspended for a first offence for violating the wellness programme

nah me either

;)

Shin

this is the second time this year that he has been taken off the road for personal reasons, there obviously some thing going on at home or the wwe covering up some thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Is it just me that finds it very odd that loads of guys have liver programs all at the same time? something dodgy in there pre match tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Dickmcsavage

It is strange alright although im beginning to think that WWE have a new health evaluation routine that is more thourough thus the reason for high level of wrestlers being taken out of action due to health reasons. And like Vince said, it is common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

there is also reported rumour that it could be Hepatitis C - which as we all know Bob Orton Snr has and was working for WWE only recently.

All it would take is to share an item with a carrier and you are potentially infected.

If this is the case, we could see a huge backlash over this

Fozzy wrote:
    Simon Dean even more so if they'd use him right. They're not using the Gymini much, but they'll probably have to.

I think one Gymini is injured thats why they havnt been on tv recently. Hopefully some people get a chance to step up now. Sylvan should hop in the ring asap and get his new gimmick over before people start healing their livers and all.

Also i dunno if i'd like to see Cabana in WWE. The writing team could seriously mess him up. So long as he;s used right im all for it.

Ph3n0m wrote:
    All it would take is to share an item with a carrier and you are potentially infected.

It can only be transmitted by blood-to-blood contact. So there is a possibility that if you shared something like a razor you could get infected. But I doubt they're all sharing razors, and I don't think they've all been bleeding in matches recently. I seriously doubt it's hepatitis C, and if it were, surely Taker would be the one who'd be most at risk?

Gunner Scott has been working the last few OVW shows, so there's nothing wrong with him, WWE just didn't think he was ready for SD. I thought he was doin alright

It's been said on Matt Hardy's message boards that:
    "Simply enough, when Matt was given the standard blood test, they found dormant trace elements of the Staph infection which plagued him many months ago. After a light antibiotic treatment and a few weeks off to properly rest, Matt will be back."

Good news that they caught it, Hardcore Holly was nearly killed when he didn't get a staph infection treated soon enough. Apparently he could be back soon though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Fozzy wrote:
    It can only be transmitted by blood-to-blood contact. So there is a possibility that if you shared something like a razor you could get infected. But I doubt they're all sharing razors, and I don't think they've all been bleeding in matches recently. I seriously doubt it's hepatitis C, and if it were, surely Taker would be the one who'd be most at risk?

Gunner Scott has been working the last few OVW shows, so there's nothing wrong with him, WWE just didn't think he was ready for SD. I thought he was doin alright

http://www.co.benton.or.us/health/CH/FP/hepatitis_c.htm - you were right and so was I :)

• Advertisement

I think from what the bit I've read on it that elevated liver enzymes are basically as a result of oral steroid use. And that should n't surprise anyone if its the case.

There's plenty of other causes too though. Everyone on the roster was tested, but it's only these guys who have elevated liver enzymes (or at least the only ones which WWE feels the need to keep off the road because of it). Surely they're not the only guys doin steroids if that's the case? Any drugs or supplements that pass through the liver will cause the enzymes to increase, so I doubt it's as a result of steroids. Would WWE not have found out the reason for it by now, and suspended them, if it were because of steroid use banned by them?

castagnoli wrote:
    I would LOVE to see Cabana in the WWE doing his goofy gimmick, it would be so over its not right.

Glad to hear theres no disciplinary actoin being taken against Kash or Noble

It would be great to see Colt in WWE! He worked about 3 or 4 matches at some shows around Wrestlemania. He also had a hilarious match with Eugene on Heat!!

He wasn't able to use the name Cabana back then, I think it was to do with Carlito. I doubt a name change would hinder him at all in WWE, but he'd fit in perfect if he's allowed do what he does best. And then some day down the line..a Second City Saints reunion! That would be awesome

I think he used the name Chris Guy whenever he was in WWE. A second City Saints reunion would be amazing stuff if it happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

Chris Guy just happens to be the real name of the third Second City Saint, Crazy Ace Seel, (my personal favourite of the three atm :))

Fozzy wrote:
    There's plenty of other causes too though. Everyone on the roster was tested, but it's only these guys who have elevated liver enzymes (or at least the only ones which WWE feels the need to keep off the road because of it). Surely they're not the only guys doin steroids if that's the case? Any drugs or supplements that pass through the liver will cause the enzymes to increase, so I doubt it's as a result of steroids. Would WWE not have found out the reason for it by now, and suspended them, if it were because of steroid use banned by them?

I dont know alot about steroids. But I do know that it can effect people in different ways. Some more than others. So just because not everyone has been diagnosed with enlarged enzymes does not mean that its not from steroid abuse for those that have.

Plus I'm sure its difficult legally to suspend people of steroid abuse becasue of enlarged enyzmes as like you said there are a number of causes.

I'm not saying 100% definate its steroids. But this is wrestling and I think its the most probable cause. Take Bobby Lashley for example. The guy has put on 100 lbs of muscle over a short period of time. He originally wrestled at 170 odd lbs. Thats extermely diifcult verging on impossible to do naturally.

Another one to add to the list:
    source: PWInsider.com Audio Hotline

Tatanka is the latest Smackdown star to be pulled off the road. More details will be forthcoming.

castagnoli wrote:
    Chris Guy just happens to be the real name of the third Second City Saint, Crazy Ace Seel, (my personal favourite of the three atm :))

And Ace Steel went by Scott Colton when he was in WWE. :D

• Advertisement

PWInsider counted 17 guys for SD to use before Tatanka was known. That leaves 8 faces and 8 heels now.. I just wonder what will become of the new guys they call up in a month or so's time

EDIT: The latest from PWTorch is that Kid Kash has been officially suspended, and the future of the Pitbulls as a tag team is unknown. They were brilliant at the GAB. If its decided not to keep them together, then hopefully Jamie Noble will get back on tv soon at least

I'd be sorry to see the pitbulls break up so soon. Theyve great chemistry between each other and other teams. However Noble would do alright by himself I imagine. Some of his ROH work was amazing and a feud with Helms for the cruiserweight title would be interesting to see if they let the two loose.

Was just reading that on PWInsider that Tatanka is expected to be out for 30 days for personal reasons that are unknown at this time.

EDIT:
    Check this out:
    source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Several WWE wrestlers recently failed steroid tests. A number of wrestlers are going to be suspended shortly. Although, nobody has been specifically named yet. It is unknown if the handful of Smackdown wrestlers recently taken off the road were suspended due to steroids.

Also, the company may actually announce the names of the suspended wrestlers in the near future. The company will probably do this because the news will get out anyways.

Well, PWInsider has basically said that Matt Hardy's not off the road because of a staph infection, it's because he's been suspended. Bit of controversy on his message boards

Fozzy wrote:
    Well, PWInsider has basically said that Matt Hardy's not off the road because of a staph infection, it's because he's been suspended. Bit of controversy on his message boards

Just got the following from Rajah:
    There have been a lot of rumors going around involving Matt Hardy being pulled from the road by WWE. The webmaster of Hardy’s official site said that he was taken off due to health issues; however, we have been told that he has been suspended by WWE for 30 days. At this time we are unable to confirm the exact reason Hardy was pulled so we will not speculate.

Read the following update on Kash:
    Kid Kash was suspended because a blood test found traces of a prescription drug that he didn't have a prescription for.

Smackdown sounds like its in trouble talent wise...
    They've debuted a load of talent recently. Elijah Burke isnt just a manager, he wrestles as seen on this weeks show. KC James and Aaron Stevens debuted as a team and got a bad reception and some guy with the initials MVP is debuting soon as he had a skit with Long. Where will all the old talent fit in once they get back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

what i'm surpised about is that the wellness program hasn't caught out more big stars, with all the bleeding that used to go on on raw and ppvs especially with the likes of HHH, the guy had to be on EPO to get his blood production going between shows.

Sylvester Terkay has also debuted on SD, lest we forget. He can be a good bit better than he was last week, but it seems they want him to wrestle an MMA style, which just doesn't work right in pro-wrestling terms most of the time. Just looked really sloppy

There's a sort of storyline update on how they'll cope with all these suspensions here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/2558490/returnofnti

Fozzy wrote:
    Sylvester Terkay has also debuted on SD, lest we forget. He can be a good bit better than he was last week, but it seems they want him to wrestle an MMA style, which just doesn't work right in pro-wrestling terms most of the time. Just looked really sloppy

There's a sort of storyline update on how they'll cope with all these suspensions here: http://www.wwe.com/shows/smackdown/articles/2558490/returnofnti
    It can work if your Kurt Angle. It can't work if your Terkay if last week is anything to go by. He reminded me of Dan Severin

I cringed at some of his punches but when it actually came to wrestling you could see he knew what he was doing. He's been using Joe's Muscle Buster in houseshows so I dont think he'll be all MMA style and with Elijah Burke as his mouthpiece/tag partner I think he'll integrate nicely. He'll get better and more comfortable with time.

Advertisement