Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Metal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Kivun Sotilas

ThrownAway wrote:
    OOOoooh memories all coming back forgot completely about Beherit. That's an unreal album too I must have a root around for it... :p

Avaaaa Saaaatannnn Alllaaa Xullll. Gate Of Nanna and Unholy Pagan Fire are the best songs on there. Such dodgy guitar riffs with primitive drumming = goodness to me. I quite like Beherit though they got a little bit too electronic for my liking. I hear that Nuclear Holocausto guy is a DJ now in Finland. Last pic I saw of him.. confirmed it, I wish I could find it now.

Check out http://www.midhirrecords.com/ for cheap Black Metal CD's. They're Irish too.

Alot of things I want to get on here. Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The first 3 discs from Ulver, (one ep and two lps afaik) are very good and BM.

then they got weird

still good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

Pugsley wrote:
    Dissecton are also excellent, not very evil, infact downright hillariously cheesey and loving to sing about dragons way too much, but still a really good band and worth looking into (for a giggle even if you dont like the music).

name me 1 dissection song that they sing about dragons???

cheesy and not very evil??? as 1 guy pointed out, the singer jon nodveit was recently released from prison for killing a homosexual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Arckanum
    Svartsyn
    Nargaroth
    Archgoat
    Bilskirnir
    Black Funeral
    Urgrund
    Funeral Mist
    Nachmysticum
    Gestapo666
    Mutiilation
    Setherial
    Sargeist
    Besatt
    Graveland
    Satanic Warmaster

Svartsyn and Arckanum do a really good split which Ive been listening to for ages since I first got it.Kaos Svarta Mar / Skinning of the lambs is the title.
    Great bands I have to say.

Hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

Dathai wrote:
    Arckanum
    Svartsyn
    Nargaroth
    Archgoat
    Bilskirnir
    Black Funeral
    Urgrund
    Funeral Mist
    Nachmysticum
    Gestapo666
    Mutiilation
    Setherial
    Sargeist
    Besatt
    Graveland
    Satanic Warmaster

Svartsyn and Arckanum do a really good split which Ive been listening to for ages since I first got it.Kaos Svarta Mar / Skinning of the lambs is the title.
    Great bands I have to say.

Hope this helps :)

Are you referring to the Australian Urgrund? Another very good band I have seen live many times. Satanic Warmaster is one I forgot to add too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

wanwarlock wrote:
    name me 1 dissection song that they sing about dragons???
    Dissection - Black Dragon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

The moonfog label generally has great black metal,
    i recomend kholds first 2 albums and thorns by thorns
    Candlelight is another good label, i tend to trawl by label as i've been disapointed so many times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

ó F&#237 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I think both were mentioned. As Mayhem has just been mentioned, I'll use this as an oppertunity to repost these pictures:
    dscf00047nw.jpg

dscf00056kb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

I'd highly recommend all of Ulver's and Arcturus's stuff (even the really avant-garde stuff), very very good.

Also, Wintersun are a very good power/black/folk metal band, you should definitely give them a listen. Oh, and Satyricon - my favourite black metal band. All of their stuff is good (yes, even the new album - it's not "tr00" black metal, but I don't think they're moving closer to rock because they're selling out, I view it more as an interesting experiment. I really like it anyway). "Dark Medieval Times" is my favourite Satyricon album, but they really are all excellent.

Oh, check out Nihil too, my black metal band! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭wanwarlock

John2 wrote:
    I think both were mentioned. As Mayhem has just been mentioned, I'll use this as an oppertunity to repost these pictures:
    dscf00047nw.jpg

dscf00056kb.jpg

wow! very nice? are these released by deathlike-silence prod?? :D where did u get these???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

They're released on Seasons of Mist. The vinyl is fairly **** quality (it sounds OK but it's very, very thin) but for €30 you can't go wrong. It's the first four studio albums and the 7" is the only two studio recordings with Dead on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭slssprite

start with bands from "second wave" - Mayhem, Darkthrone, Emperor, Burzum, Immortal, Gorgoroth...
    then you may try some pop-black metal bands (most so-called "black metallers" like them), such as 1349, Akercocke, Anorexia Nervosa, Bal-Sagoth, Behemoth, Carpathian Forest, Dark Funeral, Dimmu Borgir, Enthroned, Graveworm, Marduk, Opera IX, Rotting Christ blah-blah-blah...

well after that it comes to your personal choice in bm sub-genres, would it be depressive stuff (Abyssic Hate, Bleak, Elysian Blaze, Forgotten Tomb, Forgotten Woods, Krohm, Leviathan, Marblebog, Nocturnal Depression, Silencer, Veil, Wigrid, Xasthur), NSBM (best one comes from Eastern Europe and France im my opinion- Nokturnal Mortum, Hate Forest, Drudkh, Branikald, Old Wainds, Seigneur Voland, Kristallnacht, Winter Funeral, Sombre Chemin), avant-garde one (early Arcturus, Ved Buens Ende, Korovakill, Diabolical Masquerade), atmospheric ("Lugburz" from Summoning, Darkspace, Mortifera, Alcest, Paysage d'Hiver, Negura Bunget, Fear of Eternity), industrial (Aborym, Black Lodge, Spektr, Mysticum) or "true" - Moonblood, Ildjarn, Misanthropy, LLN stuff (Mutiilation, Vlad Tepes, Belketre, Black Murder), Azaghal, Behexen, Celestia...

tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭mrhydeandseek

I have a black metal band called Pagan Heritage

http://www.myspace.com/paganheritage1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Black Metal SUCKS!!!!! It has to be one of the most childish forms of music ever??? Ugh!!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Black Metal SUCKS!!!!! It has to be one of the most childish forms of music ever??? Ugh!!!!:mad:

Care to offer more of an opinion on that statement? Why does it 'suck'? How is it childish?

How mature of you..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭QuadLeo

Check out Cryptopsy! Unbeleivable band from Canada. Im sure you've probably heard them before though.

• Advertisement

QuadLeo wrote:
    Check out Cryptopsy! Unbeleivable band from Canada. Im sure you've probably heard them before though.

Indeed, but they'd be Death Metal. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

It's all just noise

will ye ever grow up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Arckanum, and Sargeist are getting full on attention at the mo with myself.

Been listening to massive amounts of DHG and Ved Buens Ende the past while too, and I'm definatly sure you'd be into Ved Buens Ende, John2.
    Marvellous stuff.Not as agressive as Dodheimsgard , but, still friggin amazing.
    "Those Who Caress The Pale" by Ved Buens Ende would the one to check out.

If you can get your hands on some Sargeist or some Arckanum, Svartsyn, Negura Bunget, Sigrblot or the others mentioned, you'll be laughing.All quality stuff.

It's all just noise

will ye ever grow up

nah hiphop is worst noise ever.

Dathai wrote:
    Arckanum, and Sargeist are getting full on attention at the mo with myself.

Been listening to massive amounts of DHG and Ved Buens Ende the past while too, and I'm definatly sure you'd be into Ved Buens Ende, John2.
    Marvellous stuff.Not as agressive as Dodheimsgard , but, still friggin amazing.
    "Those Who Caress The Pale" by Ved Buens Ende would the one to check out.

If you can get your hands on some Sargeist or some Arckanum, Svartsyn, Negura Bunget, Sigrblot or the others mentioned, you'll be laughing.All quality stuff.

I really want to listen to Ved Buens Ende right now (after reading this) but I don't have any cds with me ughh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

slssprite wrote:
    nah hiphop is worst noise ever.

oh don't be silly...
    I have a black metal band called Pagan Heritage

http://www.myspace.com/paganheritage1

wow ritual of power is wicked! guitar could do with being a bit less "thin sounding" or something, but i'm listening on laptop speakers which isn't helping...

the whole whispering ambience is very good though...

oh don't be silly...

hello? sense of humor? are you there?

I always thought "noise" was the worst noise ever... :D

wow ritual of power is wicked! guitar could do with being a bit less "thin sounding" or something, but i'm listening on laptop speakers which isn't helping...

the whole whispering ambience is very good though...

Agreed, it's very cool. It's not your speakers though, the guitar sound is incredibly thin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

sorry to insult your intelligence lads but i have to ask an age-old question from an outsider of sorts... what the fook is the difference between black and death metal? aside, of course, from the obvious darkness associated the black metal... always wondered and tend to be quite open about music genres but nothings ever swept me away in the black metal scene (in terms of death metal i don't wander far from the pales of opeth, though they are almost a genre unto themselves)

Advertisement