Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom - new connection

• 24-07-2006 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭

I'm just about to order bb from eircom online - I wouldn't be using them only for the fact that don't have a phone line connected yet in the apartment, so I have to go through them first. I'm really only getting it just so I can get teh broadband.

Eircom are doing a promo at the moment, where the first time connection is free if ordered online.

The thing is, I can't decide which bb package to get; the home starter for €30pm or the home plus for €40pm. It will mainly be for playing online games and general surfing and a bit of downloading :D

Do you also pay a phone line rental on top of the bb charge? Is is around €20.

Will I be tied in for a year before I can change provider?

Appreciate any responses.

D>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

DonalN wrote:
    Do you also pay a phone line rental on top of the bb charge? Is is around €20.
    Actually, it's the other way round. DSL is an "additional service" after you've got your phone line, so you'll be paying eircom €30 or €40 "on top of" your basic line rental of €24.18/month. If your line qualifies for DSL, that is.

If you get your DSL from one of the other resellers, your DSL can cost as little as €11 on top of your line rental.
    Will I be tied in for a year before I can change provider?
    6 months is the more usual figure these days. Read the Terms and Conditions linked at the bottom of the Broadband page on www.eircom.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Yes you have to pay line rental on top. It's €24.18p/m.
    The BB contract is 6 months.
    You don't have to get Eircom BB just because you need to get the phone line connected. You can get the line connected, tested for BB and then order BB from who ever you like. The €30 Eircom package is available from BT for €35 including line rental and the €40 package is available from BT for €40 including line rental.
    BT have a woeful billing record but I haven't had any problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 seanpd

I would recommend going with BT instead of Eircom. Eircom are generally more expensive. There are some rumours about BT's billing but it isn't that bad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

seanpd wrote:
    I would recommend going with BT instead of Eircom. Eircom are generally more expensive. There are some rumours about BT's billing but it isn't that bad.

They are not rumours just do a search on boards.ie or www.askaboutmoney.ie

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=15175&highlight=esat+billing

Surely a billing system should work properly and not to varying degrees of badness?????:rolleyes:

Advertisement