Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RGB Distortion :(

• 24-07-2006 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Had this TV for a few years, and just last night the RGB went out of shape?
    Turned it on in the morning, and the RGB aren't lined up any more! You can still see whats basicly going on, but it is very difficult to view. The RGB are no longer in line, the red could be up, green could be too far left, blue could be too far right.

Is there any possiblity to ressurect my tv!

Model Number / TV :: magnovox tv ts2575 c121

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

A sudden failure like this indicates a component fault, the set's not too old so worth fixing I think. Expect to pay about 50 quid plus.

Impossible to diagnose without seeing the set but it's a convergence issue by the sounds of it.

ZEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Flufuster

Thanks, it is possible to view, 2nd TV in my room. No biggie now that i know i would have to pay to fix.

Thanks for your help!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Is there a big magnet/speaker near the set?

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Good point, do you have kids ? Kids love playing with magnets and seeing the lovely colours they produce when near a telly.

Your initial description sounds like convergence problems but what John says could be another interpretation of your description. If the set is left plugged in all the time then plug it out for a couple of hours to allow the degauss circuit time to cool off. Then plug it back in again and see if it improves.

Does your set look like this.

ZEN

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

What are you viewing i.e. is it through a Scart lead in which case it would be worthwhile trying another cable or ensuring the present cable is connected firmly

• Advertisement
Advertisement