Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nancy boys

• 24-07-2006 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

What do you think of men who are obsessed with their appearance? I think they look like a bunch of nancy boys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I wish I was a mod so I could say

BANNED

with some conviction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Anybody who is obsessed with anything is usually a bit off.
    Nothing wrong with having an interest in one's appearance, unless you're a raging homophobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

"nancy boys"? Where are you from? 1950?

They are called metrosexuals. Get over it dude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

GreenDoor wrote:
    What do you think of men who are obsessed with their appearance? I think they look like a bunch of nancy boys.
    Greendoor, I think you're trolling. Stop it or be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭GreenDoor

Gordon wrote:
    Greendoor, I think you're trolling. Stop it or be banned.
    What?:eek:

I was just making a point! The young lads today are obsessed with their appearances. Going to hairdressers for fancy haircuts and getting their hair dyed. Going after labeled designer cloths etc.

I'm only 26 but it's getting more common now than ever, I've noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

GreenDoor wrote:

I was just making a point! The young lads today are obsessed with their appearances. Going to hairdressers for fancy haircuts and getting their hair dyed. Going after labeled designer cloths etc.

So?

Do you want us all to have shaggy hair and baggy overalls from Penneys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

abetarrush wrote:
    So?

Do you want us all to have shaggy hair and baggy overalls from Penneys?
    yes

shame on you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭OrangeOranges

mistake!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

GreenDoor wrote:

You realise that this is the Fashion/Appearance forum don't you?

That's like saying "it's mad, people are out buying mustard in bulk and eating it on the street!!12" on the mustard forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭alantc

Gordon wrote:
    You realise that this is the Fashion/Appearance forum don't you?

That's like saying "it's mad, people are out buying mustard in bulk and eating it on the street!!12" on the mustard forum.

That's a terrible analogy! It's more like saying people who spend too much time on computers are nerds and losers on the computers forum.
    (though I don't read the mustard forum... I jsut can't imagine people donig what you just said)

@OP... People who are clearly obsessed with their appearance look stupid. The best dressed people do it with some subtlety. Some guys go over the top and look ridiculous.

Looking after your appearance will make you more attractive to others, sexually, employably, trustworthy..... People are thick. Manipulate them with your clothes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement