Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Coarse and Pike By laws introduced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

what is this about?

6. Subject to Article 7, it is prohibited for any person, other than in the Louth Area or Moville Area, to sell or offer for sale any coarse fish caught by any means.

7. Article 6 does not apply to fishing tackle dealers or fish bait suppliers registered with the regional board in whose fisheries region the dealer or supplier carries on business.

What is the issue re Louth/Moville

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Probably something to do with the foyle and carlingford loughs, what exactly I'm not sure. It could be that both are commercially fished and I'm sure some coarse fish turn up in the nets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

These bye- laws mean sweet prick all when theres no one to enforce them.

Especially on the shannon where FN's are raping the waters of fish..i saw a lad myself last night catching roach and smacking them off the rocks he must have had about 25

We need a rod licence in this country to pay for baliffs

i saw a lad myself last night catching roach and smacking them off the rocks he must have had about 25

So did you ring anyone? Its an offense to kill more than 4 fish now. If this was the shannon region then report it to the SRFB. If theres a coarse angling club in the area, join it, they may have their own water keepers who you could have contacted, they can confiscate the guys gear.

Become a court appointed water keeper yourself if you feel strongly enough about it, we ain't going to have the policing of this fixed in the short term so we have to do it ourselves.

Become a court appointed water keeper yourself if you feel strongly enough about it, we ain't going to have the policing of this fixed in the short term so we have to do it ourselves.

Hi
    What is the process for this? What waters can it cover? I know a group may be interested in this..
    jd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭vibez

jd wrote:
    Hi
    What is the process for this? What waters can it cover? I know a group may be interested in this..
    jd

Jd... I know with my club (dalgan anglers) its up to the chairman to put people forward so it could be the case here. On lakes etc id say if you go directly to CFB they would be delighted with the extra help from bailifs.

its a great way of looking after your waters but can be dangerous enough these days specially after what happened down in limerick few balifs got a doin over by eastern europeans :mad:

Jd, i'll find out exactly what the process is and let you know, what vibes says has to be taken into account, but its common sense for water keepers not to approach too many of the wrong sort of people. Theres a big difference between fishery boards officers and court appointed water keepers.

Cheers
    Was thinking in terms of Bass Preservation, but that would need the legislation to be amended (I think)
    jd

Advertisement