Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saw Doctors playing Eyre Square on 30th?

Options
  • 25-07-2006 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

I’ve heard rumours of this, can anyone confirm whether it is definitely going ahead or not

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

as far as i know its still happening. my mates boyfriend is the drummer with noelie, who are supporting the saw docs and as far as i know its still on as im going down with them at 7:30 on sunday morning so that he makes it in time for the gig! if anyone knows any different do tell so that i dont have to get out of bed so early on sunday morning!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, and Elvis is supporting them :rolleyes:

OP where did you hear this from? It's not on SD website and not on GAF website. You'd think it would be announced somewhere.

Donegal Lass, ask your friend again and let us know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

biko wrote:
    Yeah, and Elvis is supporting them :rolleyes:

OP where did you hear this from? It's not on SD website and not on GAF website. You'd think it would be announced somewhere.

Donegal Lass, ask your friend again and let us know?

It was actually printed in one or two of the local papers recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Yeah i have heard this from loads of people too. The last i heard is that theyre trying to get a licence for the day. would be great if they did!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

they wanted to do a free gig and had put up €10G themselves and were looking for another €20G to be donated from anywhere.

guess they got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

Confirmed in Galway Indepentant today. They will be playin a free gig in eyre square. Thing starts at half 4 as far as i can remember couldn't be arsed lookin for the paper again.
    Might actually check them out. Never seen them which is a bit criminal seen as they're local lads.
    Wonder if a death metal band will be supportin? We live in hope!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

From The Saw Doctors website,

"The Saw Doctors will play a free open air concert in Eyre Square on Sunday next, July 30. The concert will take place in the Green area of Eyre Square with Noelie McDonnell starting the concert at 4.30 and The Saw Doctors on stage at 5.30 p.m. playing until 7p.m.

The free concert will cost in excess of 30,000 Euro - the Eyre Square Traders in Galway are contributing over 20,000 Euro and The Saw Doctors are contributing over 10,000 Euro to the costs, which include full staging, PA and Lights, Safety Barriers, Security Personnel, and Insurance"

yup yup, happy days, cant wait!!:D

Should be good alright, I havn't seen them since the Tuam gig in summer '04.
    By the way Donegal Lass, which part are you from? I'm from Glenties myself

Im from good ol inishowen - outside buncrana! delightful place! just though id escape the hustle and bustle of cosmopolitan life and head to galway for a few days! havent been down since i finished up work there in dec. any excuse'l do! :)

• Advertisement

Glenman wrote:
    From The Saw Doctors website,

"The Saw Doctors will play a free open air concert in Eyre Square on Sunday next, July 30. The concert will take place in the Green area of Eyre Square with Noelie McDonnell starting the concert at 4.30 and The Saw Doctors on stage at 5.30 p.m. playing until 7p.m.

The free concert will cost in excess of 30,000 Euro - the Eyre Square Traders in Galway are contributing over 20,000 Euro and The Saw Doctors are contributing over 10,000 Euro to the costs, which include full staging, PA and Lights, Safety Barriers, Security Personnel, and Insurance"
    Fantastic. I'll be there for sure. Apologies for the sarcasm earlier but it wasn't on any of the sites then.
    See y'all there :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

Saw Doctors.oh please.........YAWN.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

go back to your little box in sally's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

What's worse is the way they're forcing you to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Typical of the cool police.:rolleyes:

Bob Hope wasn't avilable.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mr biazzi

the weather is good for it, gonna be a wiked buzz but if any one takes away my 6 4 7 beers there be trouble!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Yup the sun is shining, should stay dry for the rest of the day, should be fun, its free after all. Only cost is a bottle of buckie ;)

Great gig! Bit of rain towards the end but a grand day altogether :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Savage craic! Especially for free!

'Don'cha wish yer boyfriend was BALD LIKE ME' .... I lol'ed! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

Great ould day out.
    Galway needs more of this.
    Any tourist in town yesterday must have been saying "Gee, what a nice place"
    It'll be wallets out again next week with the races though.

The gig was bloody fantastic- just recovering from it! It was madness, everyone thoroughly enjoyed it!!! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I arrived in Galway just as tehy started to take everything apart after...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭jamesd

Taught it was great too - the city was alive after it

Yeah it was a savage gig considering it was free and the crowd were huge.
    Great to see all the families there and fair play to the guards for stopping Skeff customers taking the drink outside.
    Does anyone have any idea of the crowd in the square for the gig?
    Thought they would have played more from the new album The Cure, they played If Only which in my opinion is not the best song.
    Hope to see more of the same in Galway over the next few years

Pictures anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Irish Gardener

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Glenman wrote:
    Thought they would have played more from the new album The Cure, they played If Only which in my opinion is not the best song.

They didn't play If Only. They played Me Without You and Your Guitar. As well as a brand new song called She's got It.

Fantastic gig overall though.
    It's a great little town we live in!

Advertisement