Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[July 23] Flag Shoot

Options
  • 03-07-2006 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

LEINSTER RIFLE & PISTOL CLUB

FUND RAISING SHOOT IN AID OF F.L.A.G.

AT HILLTOP SHOOTING CLUB
    23RD JULY FROM 10.30am

MORNING EVENTS INCLUDE
    · GALLERY RIFLE
    · BENCH REST RIFLE
    · CLAY PIGEON SHOOTING

AFTERNOON:
    THE BROPHY-KEOGH PERPETUAL TROPHY PISTOL SHOOT (SMALL AND FULL BORE) This is a seperate shoot to the Flag Shoot

PRIZES INCLUDE:
    · YLDIZ U/O SHOTGUN ( courtesy of Millard Bros)
    · SWIFT BINOCULARS (courtesy of Ballymount Field sports)
    · INFAC GUN SAFE (courtesy of L.R.P.C.)
    · THE BROPHY-KEOGH TROPHY (courtesy of K.T.S.C.)

ALL WELOME
    Come along and support FLAG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kye

Where do you get to see results?

Regards

Kye

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

They ought to be posted in this thread Kye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Riggser

One of the prizes was a shotgun?!

How much did it cost to enter?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Riggser wrote:
    How much did it cost to enter?

Clay pigeon was €20.00 entry.
    Gallery .22LR was €15.00 entry.
    Benchrest .22LR was €15.00 entry.
    Pistol was €20.00 entry (smallbore and fullbore).

Anyone there get results on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I didn't hang around for the results to be posted myself, but I would imagine they will probably turn up at some stage here:
    http://groups.msn.com/TheLeinsterRiflePistolClub

cant download results as am not a member of msm could someone post results here please

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Likewise, The results are in the members area on the LRPC group so us interested parties from other clubs there on the day cannot view the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 LRPC 2003

Sparks wrote:
    They ought to be posted in this thread Kye.

LRPC have a strict policy not to publish names of competitors on open public forums , if people that competed in the FLAG shoot or the Brophy Keogh Shoot want a copy of the results they can e mail leinsterrifleclub@hotmail.com giving their name and we will send a copy of the results to that individual , once they are on the score sheet .

Sorry if this causes any inconvienence but it saves LRPC getting into legal hassle for publishing someones name without their permission .

A good day was had by all that attended , and I would like to congratulate the winners . Also a Thank you to Pat and Marian in Hilltop Quad for the use of their ranges and facilities , and we thank our Sponsors , Millard Brothers , and Ballymount Fieldsports for their support and supberb prizes .

A total of €800 was raised for FLAG and has been handed over to them , I'm sure the funds will be put to good use . LRPC would like to thank all who attended the shoot and supported FLAG on the day .

Looking forward to the next shoot

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

LRPC 2003 wrote:
    Sorry if this causes any inconvienence but it saves LRPC getting into legal hassle for publishing someones name without their permission.
    That's quite allright Rod, it causes little inconvienence. I am curious though - has there been a history of legal difficulty over the publication of names in results sheets, to say you have a strict policy on the matter? Even in Northern Ireland, where such concerns have historically been based on somewhat more serious concerns than threats of legal action, result sheets are published openly (though they do use the first initial instead of the full first name).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭sidneyreilly

Sparks wrote:
    That's quite allright Rod, it causes little inconvienence. I am curious though - has there been a history of legal difficulty over the publication of names in results sheets, to say you have a strict policy on the matter? Even in Northern Ireland, where such concerns have historically been based on somewhat more serious concerns than threats of legal action, result sheets are published openly (though they do use the first initial instead of the full first name).

I for one am glad not to have my name published. Told the wife I had urgent business to go to that:p

Advertisement