Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children- summer camp?

Options
  • 25-07-2006 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi all, anyone know of any summer camps or activities in the greystones area for children. Just moved to the Park and my 7 yr old feels like she's the only child in Charlesland (she's a little dramatic) Anyone any ideas or like minded children??

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

The Greystones summer project was cancelled this year as the school that hosts it is being refurbished. It'll be back next year.

There are a few kids activities planned around the Greystones Festival, which takes place the weekend after next, afaik.

If you daughter is looking for kids to play with, there are loads of them on the green in the first part of the Wood most days. All ages up to about 11 or 12, by the looks of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

Thanks Mike - will take a stroll to the green some evening this week and try to look friendly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

I heard the Jackie Skelly's is running summer camps.

Getting involved in the Arts Festival is a good idea. They spend a few days making really good costumes for the parade (or learning how to drum, or walk on on stilts - although maybe the 7 year olds aren't doing that one)!

Check it out here: http://www.greystonesartsfestival.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭dubgirl

thanks perfectcousin - just e-mailed them after looking at their site. Hopefully I get some info back. Seems to be a Production and Performance workshop that I would love to get her in. thanks again.

Advertisement