Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned without proper reason - Please unban.

Options
  • 25-07-2006 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi,
    I was banned by Fre@k Scene (MOD of Gigs/Events) for putting up a post giving out 10 free passes for a gig. There is nothing in the Charter about this. He has explained that there was nothing in the charter, but he does not have the power to un-ban me. Can you un-ban my user "monkeyman" please. I have ads up in the For Sale Forum and cannot access them.

He also mentions that you are only allowed one account on boards. This is my brothers account I'm using as I cant even PM a MOD with my username.

A bit over the top I think. Banned for no reason

Rgds,
    monkeyman

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pookster
    Fair enough, didn't see anything on putting up posts on free guest passes. Most other nights also do this.

I understand. I will probably update the charter in the future to include a warning on such promotions/competitions.

Quote:
    Can you unban me from the site please.

I do not have the powers to unban you from the site. In any case, you are only allowed one boards account. Contact the admins for further information.

f®eak

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Why have you two user nicknames?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭pookster

Beruthiel wrote:
    Why have you two user nicknames?

I am monkeyman (who is banned for a non-offence). Pookster is my brothers username. CHeck the emails!! I cannot contact MODs using my login as I'm banned.

I explained this in the original post. Is there a MOD who can unban me or am I wasting my time in the Help Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

pookster wrote:
    I am monkeyman (who is banned for a non-offence).
    Why do you think monkeyman was banned for a non-offence?

Sitebans are never for non-offences.

If you read the original post as I stated allready. Hve you the power to unban me or are you just wasting my time.

Quote:
    Fair enough, didn't see anything on putting up posts on free guest passes. Most other nights also do this.

Reply from Moderator:

I understand. I will probably update the charter in the future to include a warning on such promotions/competitions.

Quote:
    Can you unban me from the site please.

Reply from Moderator
    I do not have the powers to unban you from the site. Contact the admins for further information.

f®eak

pookster wrote:
    If you read the original post as I stated allready.
    I read your original post.

I'll reply to your first post now.
    I was banned by Fre@k Scene (MOD of Gigs/Events) for putting up a post giving out 10 free passes for a gig. There is nothing in the Charter about this. He has explained that there was nothing in the charter, but he does not have the power to un-ban me. Can you un-ban my user "monkeyman" please. I have ads up in the For Sale Forum and cannot access them.
    Freak Scenery didn't ban you from the Gigs/Events board. You are not banned from the gigs/events board. FreakScenery deleted your post there due to blatant advertising.
    He also mentions that you are only allowed one account on boards. This is my brothers account I'm using as I cant even PM a MOD with my username.
    Why did Freak Scenery mention that you are only allowed one account? Did you tell him that you have two accounts? Why bring this up?
    A bit over the top I think. Banned for no reason
    Well as I say - Freak Scenery didn't ban you. And no, you weren't banned for no reason.

Now, that fully answers your first post. Let's go to the next.
    I am monkeyman (who is banned for a non-offence). Pookster is my brothers username. CHeck the emails!! I cannot contact MODs using my login as I'm banned.
    Check what emails? I didn't receive an email from you or pookster. If you mean the signup emails then that doesn't show anything. There is no way that two different accounts can have the same emails, it's not possible.
    I explained this in the original post.
    No you didn't, you said you were banned by freak scenery, and you weren't.
    Is there a MOD who can unban me or am I wasting my time in the Help Forum.
    Anyone other than you that replies on this thread can siteban people and we can un-siteban people.

As for your last post - why did you post the pm messages again?

Now, if you can answer all of my points I'll then go on to tell you exactly why you were banned and I'll let you know what you can do so that one of us here can unban you.

I'm really sorry that we sounded like "idiots" to you, but you haven't made your case clear, you've confused the issue and not explained things clearly in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Gordon wrote:
    I read your original post.

I'll reply to your first post now.

Freak Scenery didn't ban you from the Gigs/Events board. You are not banned from the gigs/events board. FreakScenery deleted your post there due to blatant advertising.

For the blatant advertising, there was no mention in the charter about free guestlist passes. Freakscene acknowledged this and said he would update it. Normally for a ban, the thread is locked and a timeline for banning given.

Why did Freak Scenery mention that you are only allowed one account? Did you tell him that you have two accounts? Why bring this up?

Nope, hFreakscene brought it up. I PM'd him from this account "pookster" which is my brothers account. So he must have assumed I had to accounts

Well as I say - Freak Scenery didn't ban you. And no, you weren't banned for no reason.

Now, that fully answers your first post. Let's go to the next.

Check what emails? I didn't receive an email from you or pookster. If you mean the signup emails then that doesn't show anything. There is no way that two different accounts can have the same emails, it's not possible.

I should have been clearer here. Check my signup email for monkeyman and the one for pookster. They will obviously be different.

No you didn't, you said you were banned by freak scenery, and you weren't.

Anyone other than you that replies on this thread can siteban people and we can un-siteban people.

Beside your name it says SMOD, not admin so I assumed you were like Freakscene and also had no power to un-ban

As for your last post - why did you post the pm messages again?

Now, if you can answer all of my points I'll then go on to tell you exactly why you were banned and I'll let you know what you can do so that one of us here can unban you.

I'm really sorry that we sounded like "idiots" to you, but you haven't made your case clear, you've confused the issue and not explained things clearly in my opinion.

Can you at least tell me why I was banned?

Read my post.

Here, I'll quote the specific part just in case you have difficulty reading my post.
    Gordon wrote:

I posted it a second time as I thought you could not understand it first time. Me being unclear

Oops sorry, I'm not used to people quoting within a quote, my bad, I didn't read that.

OK, well, as far as I understand you posted a thread advertising some event website twice on different occasions. One thread was deleted by Freak Scenery and the other remains (now moved to the Dance/Electronic events forum).

You were seen to be spamming this advertisement and were sitebanned as is the norm for spam.

If you aren't here purely for advertising (which is cool on the Dance/Electronic events forum) then I and the person that banned you have no problem. So I'll unban you now.

:)

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement