Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automate RSS creation?

Options
  • 25-07-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to know if this can be done in ASP (I'd be interested to hear solutions in PHP as well).

I've been looking into RSS & have created an .rss file from notepad & placed it on the website. I'm aware there is software available to make this more of a WYSIWYG experience but what I'm looking to do is automate this process in such a way that when a html page is uploaded certain sections are encoded and an rss/xml file is automatically updated.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

My php solution is that whenever a new article is added/deleted from a mysql database - on the "action page" so to speak, the xml document is rebuilt each time.

Handy if articles are posted one at a time

http://www.nwaireland.com/rss.xml - plus W3C validates it, so that makes me happy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i do the same as Ph3n0m.

(do you know that NWA are a famous 80's rap group called **** With Attitude btw?) I was a bit confused by your URL there for a second...

Advertisement