Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Torres Staying Put

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

ah crap... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Altogether now !

Points finger -> HA HA !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Not surprising IMO. If he were to leave, he'd want to be going to a club with a chance of winning the CL. He has obviously given it some thought. Some people will bring up the ambition argument, but he's still only 22.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

In a way it's good to see that there is some loyalty in the modern game, especially with younger players. I can't think of too many other top young players that have opted to stay at the club that has developed them instead of moving to one of Europes bigger teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

masterK wrote:
    stay at the club that has developed them instead of moving to one of Europes bigger teams.

Yeah, I suppose it's a pity that one of Europe's bigger teams didn't come in to test his loyalty. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

In all fairness, how many people really expected him to move?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

masterK wrote:
    In a way it's good to see that there is some loyalty in the modern game, especially with younger players. I can't think of too many other top young players that have opted to stay at the club that has developed them instead of moving to one of Europes bigger teams.

Yeah he said hes staying for another 12 months,lets give him the keys of the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sayireland

Well, Atleti are building what look like quite a good team for this season and have signed a proven manager, but then again that's the same story every year.

But it is good to see a young player stay at the club where he started. You can see images of him as a ballboy celebrating with the Double winning team of about 10 years ago.

There are some things money can't buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I never expected him to move

but i'll say one thing...he'll never be a top top class striker or hit the heights that WC strikers have. I think even the likes of Saha and Bellamy are just as good, if not very close. He would have been massively overpriced if he went to United (22 - 30m). Then again alot are

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

"Milan are ready to make a fresh bid for Atletico Madrid symbol Fernando Torres, reports in Italy are insisting.

The Via Turati club are now focusing on signing new players following the Calciopoli verdicts and netting a partner for 22-year-old Alberto Gilardino is their primary objective.

The Rossoneri are keen on finding a new striker to replace Andriy Shevchenko, who left the club for Chelsea before the World Cup Finals.

Torres has recently stated that he wishes to stay with the Colchoneros despite interest from numerous clubs all around Europe.

The Madrid outfit have already refused a £25.7m offer from Manchester United which shattered their dream of seeing Torres in action alongside Wayne Rooney.

Torres has been eyed by Milan since he was 17 and, if UEFA confirm their participation in the Champions League, the Rossoneri may immediately start negotiations with the Spanish club.

Other possible targets for the San Siro legends are still Zlatan Ibrahimovic of Juventus, Chelsea’s Hernan Crespo and Cagliari striker David Suazo.

The Honduras-born player is highly considered by Coach Carlo Ancelotti and may represent a valid alternative in case Milan are excluded from European competition on ethical grounds."

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Revalco

It would make sence for him to go to milan, they still have a world class squad and just need a good striker to complete it.

Hernan Crespo on the other hand is not a good choice, I know hes had good spells at the San Siro but I think his time has past'd and if they really wanted him they could have got him in the Shevchenko deal.

Advertisement