Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New BT Package

• 25-07-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Anyone else see the Metro today? Looks like BT have got a package including BB, line rental and all UK and Ireland landline calls for €45 per month. That's cheaper than Smart and includes the UK.

That shoud stir things up a bit!

Hmm, reads like a sales pitch from me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

It's only 1 meg BB. Smart give 3 with theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

It looks like it's designed for ma and pa with kiddies moved out of the house, so should suit them pretty well. They won't be downloaders, and a 1M connection should be more than fast enough for some online banking and looking at the new pictures from the family!

Given that any of us who could get BB were using 512K and paying through the nose a couple of years ago, it's another step in the right direction. If only we could get Bulldog over here, then we'd be laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Whats new about this? I got the 2 Meg version of this package ages ago. The only new thing may be the UK landline calls which I'm not sure was in it before.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

lardboy wrote:
    It looks like it's designed for ma and pa with kiddies moved out of the house, so should suit them pretty well..................

With the kiddies gone that will give Ma and Pa plenty of time to spend on the Phone to Esat pursuing billing issues...............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

I presume the BB bundled with this talk package has the same up & D/l limit ie:10gigs
    I had a look at it but very little info on it

Cheers Cubix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Their packages are twice the price of Digiwebs metro for practically the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Will check again Kc66 but am sure digiweb dont do metro out my way Ashbourne

Cubix

kc66 wrote:
    Their packages are twice the price of Digiwebs metro for practically the same thing.
    Do you mean the Metro service that is only available in 9 locations and includes a phone service that is dodgy at best? Not a great comparison.
    Cubix wrote:
    I presume the BB bundled with this talk package has the same up & D/l limit ie:10gigs
    I had a look at it but very little info on it

Cheers Cubix
    Yes the caps are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

kaizersoze wrote:
    Do you mean the Metro service that is only available in 9 locations and includes a phone service that is dodgy at best? Not a great comparison.
    But for half the price? Better value unless you rely on your landline a lot. You never hear about the happy customers either. I have heard about a few new locations for Metro also. Dont ask when though!
    Metro's 3mb has 30gb allowance. Don't know what bt's is?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mirage

kc66 wrote:
    Metro's 3mb has 30gb allowance. Don't know what bt's is?
    30gb also for the 3mb package

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭macronot

As far as i can see they are promoting a package that they already had.

The only difference is they have called "talk plus" "total talk",
    The price is still the same but the calls to the usa are dearer.....????
    on talk plus they are 5c and on this it's 8c

The option to get "broadband and talk bundle" or "broadband and talk plus bundle" was always available..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

macronot wrote:

Where are you getting the USA price from. From their pricing page this is 5c still http://home.btireland.ie/echannel/BTres.portal?&_pageLabel=btres_page&_nfpb=true&homePage_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2Fhomepage%2FshowTalkPlusPage&_windowLabel=homePage

macronot wrote:
    If taken in it's previous form the price was around €49 and didn't include UK calls. You're right about the US calls. They seem to have increased.
    Where are you getting the USA price from. From their pricing page this is 5c still http://home.btireland.ie/echannel/BT...Label=homePage
    It says from 8c for USA & Canada on the main offer page.
    Total Talk
    Enjoy a good chat with friends and family? One price for all local, national and UK landline calls means you never have to mind your minutes.

Call as often as you like for up to an hour each call

No charge for transfer of existing active line

Direct debit from bank account or credit card
    Calls to USA & Canada from 8c per minute
    http://home.btireland.ie/echannel/BTres.portal?&_pageLabel=btres_page&_nfpb=true&homePage_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2Fhomepage%2FshowBroadbandTotalPage&_windowLabel=homePage

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

macronot wrote:

The packages are now cheaper then they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭lardboy

kc66 wrote:
    You never hear about the happy customers either.

Do you ever?

The only time I've seen people on here being positive is new Smart customers, and even they've had to take a change in number and a month off from their BB! Most other people are moaning about one thing or another.

Oh, and ntl if you're in one of the few areas that can get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

bk wrote:
    The packages are now cheaper then they were.

Nah...I got the 2 meg package over three months ago for the same price as it is now. They are advertising a package which has been around for a good while.
    Nothing has changed but it is a good deal really compared to what else if available in certain areas. It is still a ripoff of course like everything else here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

kaizersoze wrote:

From that URL I read "Calls to USA & Canada from 5c per minute"!

From that URL I read "Calls to USA & Canada from 5c per minute"!
    They've changed it. It was as I quoted above.

Advertisement