Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A5

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

MarkN wrote:
    hi lads..

There will be some S5's in the country by end of next month I am told! I got the brochures for the A5 and S5 in the post last week.

The 3.0 TDI is a very quick diesel, no doubt about it.

The S5 starts at €85,000 list. 354 bhp :cool:

I wonder how much I would get for the S3 against one!

any prices for the 1.8T when it comes out Mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I saw one of these drive through Naas the other day. While it looks impressive, I must say that the led spot light thingys look terrible. They look like a cheapy halfords accessory that a skanger puts on their souped-up-sh1t-box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

prospect wrote:
    I saw one of these drive through Naas the other day. While it looks impressive, I must say that the led spot light thingys look terrible. They look like a cheapy halfords accessory that a skanger puts on their souped-up-sh1t-box

:D , The S5 would look much nicer.The one you seen might of been a basc model

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

prospect wrote:

I think they are probably one of the cars best features. When you see the car in poor light with these lights it looks amazing. You are certainly left in no doubt as to what you are looking at.

Definitely not scangerish!!

RedorDead wrote:
    I think they are probably one of the cars best features. When you see the car in poor light with these lights it looks amazing. You are certainly left in no doubt as to what you are looking at.

Yeah those lights look nice

• Advertisement

RedorDead wrote:

Hmm, they look 'okay' in that picture.

I seem to remember them being lower down, and each individual light looking seperate, I could almost count the bulbs if you get my drift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭MarkN

I've seen the lights Prospect mentions on an S6 and they were down near the fogs and they did look a bit weird I must admit.

I don't have prices for the 1.8T, I didn't ask about that engine at all..sorry.

MarkN wrote:
    All depends on the spec of the car I suppose..

But how a V8 with that much bhp could be dull I dunno!! :)

I think you either love the understated look of Audis or you don't.

DrDre - nip down to your local Audi dealer and blag a test drive!

I dont think they will give it to me as im only 22, But its worth a shot :)

drdre wrote:
    I dont think they will give it to me as im only 22, But its worth a shot :)

I was 24 when I was handed the keys of one and I went on to buy one so don't let that put you off!

A quick look on Carzone shows all the higher end engines begin at the 60k mark so I'd say the 1.8T will be somewhere around 50 to keep in line with the 3 series coupe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

All i can say is this:

id-hit-that-3-times.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Just reading through all the posts and yet again we are being subjected to another dul "safe" styled car. There are comments here that it looks like a TT on steroids (I agree BTW), Hyundai Coupe, BMW 3 Series, BMW 6 series, Q7, A4 riding a 3 series, A4 convertible. All cars are REALLY starting to look alike.

MarkN wrote:
    I've seen the lights Prospect mentions on an S6 and they were down near the fogs and they did look a bit weird I must admit.

I don't have prices for the 1.8T, I didn't ask about that engine at all..sorry.

Could have been an S6, either way they looked like a cheap ad-on.

Rebel - you could always go and buy a new Civic if you want a weird car !

MarkN wrote:
    Rebel - you could always go and buy a new Civic if you want a weird car !

The new Japanese civic type r looks amazing.I would love one
    http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=688966

drdre wrote:
    The new Japanese civic type r looks amazing.I would love one
    http://carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=688966

I saw a civic type 'r' in a display while on holidays recently. It was the hatch version, and thankfully they dropped the glass bling bit between the headlights.

prospect wrote:
    I saw a civic type 'r' in a display while on holidays recently. It was the hatch version, and thankfully they dropped the glass bling bit between the headlights.

I still love the new type r.But the vrt is too much or it was worth it as they are cheap in japan brand new

prospect wrote:
    Could have been an S6, either way they looked like a cheap ad-on.

Probably was an S6 to be honest. Theres a few of them knocking about.

No A5/S5's in Ireland yet. And the ones in Adare were knocked straight back on a transporter and shipped back to Germany to be dismantled. :(

On another note the 1.8T 170bhp will be just under 50K.

RedorDead wrote:

No A5/S5's in Ireland yet. And the ones in Adare were knocked straight back on a transporter and shipped back to Germany to be dismantled. :(

will be interested to see what kind of spec the base model has. that new 1.8T engine is nice, if it has a reasonable spec for the price (climate/leather/alloys included) then it will be good value..

RedorDead wrote:

Why was is dismantled.They were driving the cars around so they are drivable and road worthy and as far as i could see they had a registration plate on them i think it was a german plate

copacetic wrote:
    will be interested to see what kind of spec the base model has. that new 1.8T engine is nice, if it has a reasonable spec for the price (climate/leather/alloys included) then it will be good value..

It will have climate and alloys, leather will be extra. BMW don't spec leather as standard on coupes do I don't see why Audi would do it.

The idea of the 1.8T is just a bit old for my liking. 'New' or not, I was driving a similar powered engine 4 years ago in a MKIV GTI. I think this might be the slight advantage the BMW will have over it. If you don't wanna go the whole hog for a 3.0L petrol or diesel in the Audi then BMW have the cheaper to run with only slightly less power 325 engine.

• Advertisement

MarkN wrote:
    It will have climate and alloys, leather will be extra. BMW don't spec leather as standard on coupes do I don't see why Audi would do it.

The idea of the 1.8T is just a bit old for my liking. 'New' or not, I was driving a similar powered engine 4 years ago in a MKIV GTI. I think this might be the slight advantage the BMW will have over it. If you don't wanna go the whole hog for a 3.0L petrol or diesel in the Audi then BMW have the cheaper to run with only slightly less power 325 engine.

I like the lower size engines moving up in power myself. With the new 1.8T they don't need the 2.0T which saves us VRT here at least. I don't personally like the larger engines for various reasons of engineering, economy and environmental issues.

I understand the leather is std in uk, so am hoping they make it so here and still compete with the bmw on price. If they can get away from everything being an extra (and an incredibly expensive one!) it'd be great.

drdre wrote:
    Why was is dismantled.They were driving the cars around so they are drivable and road worthy and as far as i could see they had a registration plate on them i think it was a german plate

They are all pre-production cars so they get used extensively for pre-launch publicity, customer clinics, press tests etc but then get dismantled before the launch specification cars are manufactured.

The A5 like the 3 Series Coupe comes with Xenons as standard.

RedorDead wrote:
    They are all pre-production cars so they get used extensively for pre-launch publicity, customer clinics, press tests etc but then get dismantled before the launch specification cars are manufactured.

The A5 like the 3 Series Coupe comes with Xenons as standard.

Ah i learnt something new today.Thanks ;)

The BMW only has xenons as standard from the 325 upwards. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

MarkN wrote:
    The BMW only has xenons as standard from the 325 upwards. ;)
    :confused::confused::confused:
    untitledhk0.jpg

fletch wrote:
    :confused::confused::confused:
    untitledhk0.jpg

Isofix is €130 extra???

I thought the rules changed so that these had to be standard equipment on all cars from 2006.

Sorry lads, my bad. My boss picked up a 320ci Sport just over a week ago and he has xenons alright. I thought it was 325 up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

MarkN wrote:
    Sorry lads, my bad. My boss picked up a 320ci Sport
    Oh and being pedantic but haven't BMW removed the ci badging and its just badged 320i coupe?

Indeed they have Fletch! 320i, 335i etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Indeed they have Fletch! 320i, 335i etc

..........Jeeeeeeez then how do you tell a Coupe from a saloon now ??

:D

To be honest think it was a bad move, since folk pay more they should have something more on the lid. Then again the new car looks totally different from the rear end, a first with the 3 series. Also the area on the bootlid for placing a badge is much less now so that may be their reason for shortening it. Still if you bought the Hart Top Convertible would you not want an obvious badge to that effect ??

Advertisement