Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Belfast

• 25-07-2006 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi, was going to go to queens last year for architecture but ended up doing Russian and German in TCD. Have really enjoyed my first year alot but am still interested in Queens. Anyone thinking of goin this year? and if so what does it sound like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

My brother went there. he still insists it was a good move despite not knowing anyone and the 5 hour trip to get there.
    another reason he went there was that some courses up there are a full year shorter than in the republic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

What course did he do and how was it + general student life. Did he make many friends? I also timed it on the motorway before the summer - 2hrs 20mins from Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

What course did he do and how was it + general student life. Did he make many friends? I also timed it on the motorway before the summer - 2hrs 20mins from Dublin

He did electronic engineering for 3 years.
    He made a good few friends but it was 10 years ago so he was there in the middle of the troubles and was scared out of his mind but thats all changed now (i think).
    oh, and we live in roscommon so there's no motorway from here yet.

I think its only 3 years for archgitecture there aswell. 5 years down south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I was told by a few people that Engineering particulairly civil engineering is better and has a more practical element in DKIT. I don't really know though. Just was I heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I did a postgrad in Manufacturing engineering up there in '03. Nothing bad to say about the place really, cost quite a few quid more than studying in the south as i came home every weekend, travelled from mullingar to dublin on the bus and then took the enterprise into belfast. It was pricey, cost about €50 per week which is quite a bit when yer studying. The place has a v.good reputation!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sparkie123

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering has anyone applied for the PGCE (2011 entry) in Queens? Have you heard anything about an interview yet? Thanks

Advertisement