Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fake Tan for Guys

• 25-07-2006 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

Looking to get the above treatment for Friday. Can anyone recommend anywhere that I could book into on short notice? One that is good (non-umpa lumpa) and not too expensive? Also would they have an issue with giving treatments for a guy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Really? whats the occassion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

A photo shoot on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

ah right, but surely with this lovely wheather a few days outside with the baby oil would do the trick?

And ... no thanks ;)

Well premature aging effects of the sun aside unfortunately your suggestion isn't for me. I have medium skin and would be red for too long after being in the sun. It would take me about a week to go brown.

Has anyone ever used the tanning shop? What is their treatment like?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭AnitaMcCluskey

If you have never done this before, I think that you should give it a miss. You're not sure of the outcome and then you're gonna be stuck with it for you photo shoot. I'd give it a miss if I were you..... we all know what happened to Ross on Friends!

• Advertisement

This is perhaps true. Luckily my life is not s sitcom.

If I were to get it done - which at this stage I mightn't - has anyone used the tanning shop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Are U in Dublin?
    If u are I reccomend Blow on Leeson street
    Get the spray tan and ask them to do lightly and you should be grand.
    Wear a pair of y-fronts that you dont mind getting dirty or if you have a thong (though no guy should EVER have this in his wardrobe:) )then wear that instead.

OOHHH a model on Boards.Whats the photoshoot for??

It is for a portfolio with assets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Deer

Wouldn't Assets be a good place to ask for a recommendation? I'm sure their lads would know of the best place.

Actually - you might be better off to get it done on Thursday. Tan can be quite orange especially in photographs for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

but sure you've no muscle what do you need to tan for?

• Advertisement

Went with Blow in the end. They are about 5 minutes from work.

How exciting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

It will come out fine,dont worry.You wont be orange or get any streaky bits and it will give you a good glow for the camera.

Show us the pics when ya get them back...would be cool to see!!

walt0r wrote:
    but sure you've no muscle what do you need to tan for?

I have no muscle? Em how do you know this? Are you watching ne right now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

RAAAAWRRR!!!!!! To be honest, Stephanos. Try melanotan II. It's what a lot of the pro bodybuilders use to help tan. Only problem is you have to inject it.

I think I will go with the nancy boy option of spray tan.

Thanks for the info tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lala24

Does anyone know where you can get this melanotan II treatment? Are there any side-effects? I heard it has not been given the all clear by the FDA yet!

Advertisement