Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

99 Primera

Options
  • 25-07-2006 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭

Just got a 99 primera and have a few q's for anyone that owns one...87,000 on the clock...

No SLX or other markings on the body or taxbook, how do I know what model it is? Its a 1.6 petrol irish car. It has NATS but when I leave windows down and lock the car no alarm sounds even though the hazards flash? cant find a siren under the bonnet, should the horn go off?

Anything I should look out for while its under warranty that tends to go on them? Had it checked by mechanic mate who says its fine but anyone have any previous hassle with them?

Delighted with the car, drives lovely and very impressed with the sound system and performance. Wasnt expecting to get something so roomy for €4000.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pclancy wrote:
    Just got a 99 primera and have a few q's for anyone that owns one...87,000 on the clock...

No SLX or other markings on the body or taxbook, how do I know what model it is? Its a 1.6 petrol irish car. It has NATS but when I leave windows down and lock the car no alarm sounds even though the hazards flash? cant find a siren under the bonnet, should the horn go off?

Anything I should look out for while its under warranty that tends to go on them? Had it checked by mechanic mate who says its fine but anyone have any previous hassle with them?

Delighted with the car, drives lovely and very impressed with the sound system and performance. Wasnt expecting to get something so roomy for €4000.

There were a couple of models of that Primera:
    1997 - 1999 Primera:
    GX - base model had electric front windows, twin air bags and remote central locking.
    SLX - had electric front/rear windows, electric mirrors, electric sunroof, front fog lights.
    SRi - had electric front windows, half leather sport seats, chrome exterior door handles, wood effect dashboard, manual sunroof, alloy wheels, cd player and front fog lights.

A work collegue had one of these and the only trouble he had with it was with the brakes. It failed the NCT because the ABS light was always on. Ended up being a faulty ABS sensor damaged when the brake pads were replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamlet

pclancy wrote:
    It has NATS but when I leave windows down and lock the car no alarm sounds even though the hazards flash? cant find a siren under the bonnet, should the horn go off? .

There is several different nats systems the one on my Nissan van is just immobilizer and central locking the key is chipped with two buttons on it to activate the C/L also a led on the steering colum

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

No its the P11-144 99-03 model. She has CD changer, Fogs, Front Elecs, Elec Sunroof. Do they all have ABS yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pclancy wrote:
    Do they all have ABS yeah?

I think most of them did. Check your dash board, around where the speedo and rev counter are, there should be an ABS light there that comes on for a couple of seconds when you switch the ignition on.

Cool. Quinn direct are happy enough just calling it a primera 1.6 so it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

Just sold a 1.8 5door....

prone to wearing toplinks, you might hear a knocking or cracking noise.
    bumpers are prone to being pushed in and looking out of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I had a 1998 one, the alarm doesn't sound when activating or deactivating. If you want to test it, the quickest way as I discovered at a petrol station one night, is to pull the release catch on for the bonnet, get out, lock the car and go and lift the bonnet. This should sound the alarm which uses the car horn as its siren and once you hear it, you'll realise why it doesn't sound on locking/unlocking.

Thanks guys I'll bear all that in mind :)

Advertisement