Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddle

Options
  • 25-07-2006 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Whats the best saddle to get for a bike, one that dosnt hurt your arse orgive you spots on it, always wondered this, even though my biking days have been over since the Thomas st crew nicked it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I'm looking at getting one of these(http://cgi.ebay.ie/EXTRA-PADDED-Gel-Cycle-Bike-Seat-Saddle-Cover-Bike_W0QQitemZ230011489201QQihZ013QQcategoryZ22693QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for my mountain bike, not sure how much of a difference it will make do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

An extra-padded saddle is likely to make you less comfortable rather than more.

You want something that will support your weight on your pelvic bones. You want the soft tissue between to be free from pressure for obvious reasons. So the best saddle would be firm, with as little padding thickness as possible and supportive on your bones, not your whole ass

Explained better here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Anyhow if you insist on purchasing the above try out your local Aldi saw them in mine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

the sdg bel air is a great saddle, costs about 80 quid though, but matter of personal prefercne really

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Get a Rolls Saddle old reliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

If its a mountain bike seat you want, the Fi;zi:k Gobi Wing flex is a repeated award winner in the mags but its 100euro. I have it and love it. For lesser money, in the magazines the specialized body geometry saddles always seem to get high praise.

Also, alot of pros seem to go for the Sella Italia flite 2 saddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lunar

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

Hmm, lots of good saddles about, check out the reviews on mtbr.com, roadreview.com and so on....

The position (angle) of the saddle is at least as important as the saddle itself.
    Spend the bucks on a quality seatpost, like a Thomson elite, that has a calibration scale, two bolts and doesnt move under stress.

I recently got a Selle San Marco Gelaround from a cycle shop on the north quays in Dublin ;)

Cost 40 quid and is lovely to use

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

I guess the best saddle would have to be this one:

http://www.selleitalia.com/preziosa/index.php

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

Iguana leather?! my ass isn't worthy...

Hot damn, that's 1,200 quid!

I'd love to pick myself up a Brooks Swallow, and indeed one day I may.

Advertisement