Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mixed Berry Cider

Options
  • 25-07-2006 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Was in Porterhouse (formely Judge roy beans, apologies for name dropping) for first time in at least a year & tried this drink which i think was called "Copperberg Cider"?? Im normally a Bulmers drinker but this was so much easier to drink (& stronger 7% i think). I've never seen this around so my question is, is this an exclusive drink to porterhouse or does anyone know other pubs (in dublin citu centre) that sell it? is it availible in supermarkets/offo??? Think there was mixed berry, apple or pear flavour

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

yeah Kopperberg.... tasty :D You can get it in offo's, dont know any other bars that do it tbh, just ask. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

You can get it in a few places and bottles of it in most decent off licences. Apple or Pear is €2.65 for a a500ml bottle but the mixed berry is dearer at €3 something a bottle as its 7%.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

MmmmmKoppaberg
    Good stuff, makes me do bad bad things though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

This has been covered in another thread, if you scroll down a couple of pages. There might be more info there. Not being a fan of it, I didn't take much heed of that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Karma up near Christchurch also sell it, about €5 a bottle, a little cheaper for the pear cider. Most of the Molloys off-licences also sell it.

Delicious stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭nikolaitr

In the Pav for 4.60......student prices huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

There are loads of them now Kopperberg do Mixed fruit, Pear and Apple,
    Druids now have a spin off with a Mixed fruit and an Apple,
    Halmstad do a Strawberry and a Cactus an Lime flavor and finally,
    Rekorderlig do a Pear, Strawberry and Lime and a Starfruit and Raspberry flavor.

As far as I know the druids mixed fruit is the only actually "Cider" the rest are just fruit juice mixed to make a cider.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Pravda have a great pear cider!!! expensive but yum.

Must look out for the druids one... i like their usual apple cider!! Almost as good as Bulmers for a fraction of the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

irlmarc wrote:
    There are loads of them now Kopperberg do Mixed fruit, Pear and Apple,
    Druids now have a spin off with a Mixed fruit and an Apple,
    Rekorderlig do a Pear, Strawberry and Lime and a Starfruit and Raspberry flavor.

As far as I know the druids mixed fruit is the only actually "Cider" the rest are just fruit juice mixed to make a cider.
    are any of them ciders more "economical" than druids.
    the other half drinks it, and its expensive stuff....

if your looking for a place that sells kopparbergs cheap, fibbers on a thursday night as part of its 3eu a drink promotion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 podgerdodger

Druids 50cl bottles sell for €1.99 per bottle,the cheapest ive seen Kopparbergs is €2.65 per btl,prices should be lower as the duty on cider is lower than that for beer

• Advertisement

subway wrote:
    are any of them ciders more "economical" than druids.
    the other half drinks it, and its expensive stuff....

if your looking for a place that sells kopparbergs cheap, fibbers on a thursday night as part of its 3eu a drink promotion

There all around the same druids is the cheapest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

kopperberg taste soooo cheap, and far too sweet, like ribena...

at 7% however, it is worth it once in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

irlmarc wrote:

Any info on where to purchase these different ones, I see kopperberg and Druids all over the place but have never seen any of these.

McHugh's on the Killbarrack Road thats the only place I know maybe someone else knows more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 podgerdodger

try Hollands main St Bray,they have every one of the above brands in stock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Interesting that you find it easier to drink thatn Bulmers (which I think it is) but since Bulmers was launched in the UK (as Magners) I've had so many British people tell me that they prefer this to regular English ciders as it is so much easier to drink! All a matter of perspective I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

ferdi wrote:
    kopperberg taste soooo cheap, and far too sweet, like ribena...

at 7% however, it is worth it once in a while.

That's why we call it Satans Ribena :D

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭happy_acid_face

also to add to the list is the rekorderlig range. the strawberry and lime is as close as i've tasted to crushed strawberrys and the rasberry and starfruit is another 7%er... if you are a apple cider person, a definate must to try is Kingston Press. Very affordable (70cl bottle @ €2.25) and probably the best i've tasted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I only discovered this drink myself very recently at a boards beers, beautiful stuff, goes down so easy and is 7% as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I had a pint of this in the Porterhouse myself with my burger. Couldn't stand it, barely finished it off - which is saying something. Far too sweet in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭badgerbadger

anywhere in limerick sell rekorderlig

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Does anyone know where you can buy mixed berry Druids bottles? Can't find them in the off licenses near me, not sure if they are stocked anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

ste551 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can buy mixed berry Druids bottles? Can't find them in the off licenses near me, not sure if they are stocked anymore

maybe give these guys a call/mail and they could tell you who (if any) they supply...

http://www.comans.ie/beers-ciders/cider.html

Almost 6years ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

subway wrote: »
    Almost 6years ago...

Do u still hit fibbers on a Thursday night for the 3eur drinks promo???

Haven't been in fibbers in nearly as long as this thread has been dead

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

subway wrote: »
    Almost 6years ago...

Ye I just have a bit of a craving for it, it reminds me of a summer years back, don't think it's sold anymore, just regular Druids cider

Advertisement