Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging LCD on plasterboard

Options
  • 25-07-2006 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Im trying to mount an LCD TV (20kg) on a plasterboard wall. I read in some threads that I could use the studs for support but I have plaster dabs rather than studs. Has anyone experienced anything like this? All help much appreciated :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

20kg is too much to hang off plaster. If you have "plaster dabs" then it's obviously an internal block wall behind the plaster, otherwise you'd have studs I guess. In this case, cut back two small sections (after measuring/levelling of course) and drill into the block wall, and screw 2 small pieces of wood to the wall.

These piece of wood should be thick enough to be flush with the plasterboard when screwed onto the wall.

Then mount the TV brackets onto the two pieces of wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Blankie wrote:
    Im trying to mount an LCD TV (20kg) on a plasterboard wall. I read in some threads that I could use the studs for support but I have plaster dabs rather than studs. Has anyone experienced anything like this? All help much appreciated :D

too heavy afaik... find a block wall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Blankie

Thanks very much

Advertisement