Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

River Island sale

• 25-07-2006 3:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

So, I like *some* of their clothes, but think they're overly priced. Way too overly priced, for what I'd consider cheapish only-for-now clothes.

Sale started today...it's manic...women are crazy beasts...

Surprisingly, picked up a few savage pieces that'll do the rounds...

Get anything?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

I bough a black lace corset which I love last week but it wasn't on sale :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my mum text me from liffey valley earlier to tell me about it she said the sale was animal - mad queues though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

is this for women only or for men aswell??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Great for men's shoes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Maybe I've just been terribly unlucky but I've always found their sales to be absolutely sh*te. Very few of the nice items are ever on sale and the trousers are always peculiar sizes. 28 waist and 32 waist seems to be a common one. I just get the impression that they put the crap they haven't been able to shift on those rails and hope to god someone takes them off their hands.

Oh wait, I saw a few nice enough shirts last year, but that was pretty much it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I don't think you will find anything in River Island in sligo that ten other people won't be wearing in teh street.
    My brothers have moved on to more expensive stores....rollyeyes.

When I get back to Sligo, I must look to see if they have anything good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i went and had a look at the cork city river island, and it was the worst sale ive ever had the displeasure of visiting.

they just threw out garbage they had in the back and stuck on a 10euro price tag, most annoying.

they had a few of their 60e/70e jeans down to 30ish and some shirts but it was terrible either way, didnt buy anything :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

When I get back to Sligo, I must look to see if they have anything good.

I can tell you they haven't much in the womens dept.

Btw, does anyone know why all their vesty tops are so long? They look like nighties

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Madge wrote:
    I can tell you they haven't much in the womens dept.
    Um, thanks. >_>
    <_<

sorry, thought you were a girl :)

• Advertisement

It's my slender wrists isn't it? Isn't it?!

lol, i thought your avatar looked a bit girlish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

So, I like *some* of their clothes, but think they're overly priced. Way too overly priced, for what I'd consider cheapish only-for-now clothes.

Sale started today...it's manic...women are crazy beasts...

Surprisingly, picked up a few savage pieces that'll do the rounds...

Get anything?

Women really are vicous crazy beasts when it comes to getting a bargain. We opened at 8am today and there were people Q-ing outside from like 7am [crazy fools]. I came across two women fighting over a top at one stage ...it was pathetic! Another thing that pissed me off to the last was the fact because its sale time peoples basic manners go out the window and are rude and seem to think its acceptable to throw clothes on the floor [and at one stage me!]

There was a lot of good stuff reduced to less than half price but that flew off the rails. All the good stuff will be gone by Thursday and thats when we'll put out all the tat:p but I didnt tell you that coz I'll probably get fired:eek:

I managed to get €496 worth of stuff for €152...I'm quite pleased with myself:) as it was all stuff I really wanted but was too broke to buy!

As a matter of interest, do they still insist on keeping the changing rooms closed when the sales are on? I ask because I want to know if I'll be presented with an oppurtunity to actually try things on before I part with my hard earned cash.

I know I usually complain about the quality of sale but I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of there being a few semi-decent items on offer.

In conclusion, changing rooms. Open or not?

Well ours were open today ...but you can return sale stock as long as you keep your receipt [We're not obliged to do it like but do as a goodwill gesture to our customers]

Oh and there are some nice manbags reduced;)

Which branch are you in? I can't say myself whether Grafton Street is worse than or better than Henry Street for closing their channing rooms as I've never visited both of the stores during a sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

River island = cheap crap

nuff said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Madge wrote:
    Btw, does anyone know why all their vesty tops are so long?

Are you sure they're not from the "tall" line? Tall vest tops are very handy, they don't ride up like the normal ones, and if they do, at least you're underwear line/tummy is still covered! I swear by them.

However, I tend to go for the Penney's €3/€4 effort rather than the River Island €10/€12 effort!:D

vibrant wrote:
    Are you sure they're not from the "tall" line? Tall vest tops are very handy, they don't ride up like the normal ones, and if they do, at least you're underwear line/tummy is still covered! I swear by them.

However, I tend to go for the Penney's €3/€4 effort rather than the River Island €10/€12 effort!:D

Well, I dunno, they had a selection on one side of the store and another selection on the other side! I'm 5 foot 2, so as you can guess they look ridiculous on me! I find Penneys tops and t-shirts shrink alot in the wash, although they are soo cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

I'll be taking a trip into River Island after work!! I'm not expecting to find anything of much interest since all the good stuff is always gone around this time!! :( Everything thats usually left is either really really huge or else victoria beckham sized!! :rolleyes:
    Anyway, Im going to head in there anyway.. you never know I might pick up something nice!! hehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was in the ones in Grafton St. and Arnotts yesterday. Picked up 2 bikinis, a top, a pair of trackie bottoms and a bag for €71 from the Grafton St. store. Got 2 pairs of bikini bottoms in Arnotts for €5 each. The Arnotts one has been pretty poor since it started a few weeks ago. I was pretty pleased with what I got though. It was like Pennies prices for far superior quality clothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I got a pink striped shirt, a zebra print bodice-like top and a short white skirt for my holiday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I was in there earlier and it was the most unpleasant experience I've had in a while. The staff were so rude that I can only imagine that they don't actually want my business, not to mention the absolute bitch of a girl who was pushing her way around in there like she owned the place. Her stupid looking boyfriend was just trailing around after her while she pretty much pushed people out of her way.

That kind of thing makes me hate the place! Not to mention the Cork branch is like an ant farm.

Sorry to hear about your bad shopping experience Faith, you really should ring up and complain about the rude staff to the manager, its very important to most retail companys [esp RI which is meant to be customer service driven] that employees are friendly and helpful to customers and I know if it was in my store I would really like to know so could change and improve! Constructive criticism is so important imo:)!

[Sorry for going off-topic]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

went into River Island Drogheda today, not really impressed at all with the sale, I walked in and straight back out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

NEXT sale all d way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I got a great black skirt reduced from €50.50 to €20 on Saturday!

Advertisement