Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LEATHER??inc some pics

• 25-07-2006 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

i asked already do ppl like leather here?i think its so sexy on a girl all just cause it isn't in right now with all the fashion police here its still sexy so im putting up some pics

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I've said it once and I'll say it again(especially having seen those pictures), Leather only looks nice/good on furniture or car interiors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

I absolutely hate leather trousers and those long coats that some women wear but i do like some womens leather jackets. I remember elle mcpherson wore a dolce and gabbana one that was lovely but very few cud get away with it. The whole head to toe leather look reminds me of a dominatrix i saw in a film once! not a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I love the long leather coat the woman in the first pic is wearing, and leather jackets are cool (obv.), as are leather trousers and skirts. But I agree, head to toe is a bit too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

The gimp.. plup fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭shyjoe

more pics....add some aswell please

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I thoroughly approve.

girls,would you wear a good quality pair of leather pants?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

shyjoe wrote:
    more pics....add some aswell please

You seem desperate for people to add photos. You do know there's websites out there that cater to your particular tastes, don't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭*Oul_Doll_Cork*

rb_ie wrote:
    I've said it once and I'll say it again(especially having seen those pictures), Leather only looks nice/good on furniture or car interiors.

I agree!!!

The only other exception to this is if your on the set of the Matrix or something imo!!

jayus sorry jeff!i just love leather pants on a girl does that make me so bad?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

I thoroughly approve.

Girls in Leather are the sex :D

An ex of mine used to wear all that lark, shows off body features like no other material imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Reminds me of plastic ...feels horrible... really uncomfotable....looks
    okay I guess but not worth wearing... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have a nice black leather skirt. Last time I wore it, I got hit on a few times by older men (40+ and I'm 20).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nice pictors there. :) Leather is good with the Ruu, approved! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I first begged my parents to get me a leather jacket when I was 8, have had several leather jackets since in several colours (though I always think that dark brown is the best), I have this really great one in wine (it looks nicer than it sounds). I have had several pairs of leather trousers, I never really liked them until I saw Shakiras "Whatever. Whenever" video. I do not see the problem with leather, though you do tend to get wolf whistled as much as with a mini skirt when you are wearing leather trousers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I love leather on a lady. Nothing looks as sexy in my opinion. I'm very fortunate that my better half wears it often enough!

sexy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭sarah lk

hey shyjoe,
    yeah i love leather i'll try stick a pic up for u

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Leather trousers makes a woman look like an aging tramp. I can't really see the attraction of leather on women at all.

well im 20 hardly ageing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I think leather skirts and trousers mostly looks tacky. A nice leather jacket is great though :)

In my experience, a miniskirt is guaranteed at least as much, if not more, attention than leather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Cardinal wrote:
    Leather trousers makes a woman look like an aging tramp. I can't really see the attraction of leather on women at all.

Well different folks, different folks, different strokes. I think there is little else that's as sexy on a lady providing she wears it well. It really is the business.

i agree leather is great and i love it!!but it has to be real leather not some pvc leather look stuff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Leah_K

I love my leather jacket so much and I cant wait to slip into my long leather coat again after the summer. It'll be like being hugged again by an old friend!
    There's nothing like good old leather. :)

It has to be real leather though. And it has to be black! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

IMO Leather can be very nice on both men and women.

Few people can carry off leather trousers. Those that can look hot as hell in them, those that can't look pathetic, but those who rule them out totally should think for a few minutes upon Jim Morrison and/or Kate Beckinsdale (/me spends a few minutes thinking upon Jim Morrison's gyrating pelvis and Kate Beckinsdales bottom).

I like long leather coats. Wear one myself. Not as much fun since the Matrix came out. There have been many films made where people wore leather coats, but The Matrix is apparantly the only one seen by the hoody-wearing little **** who feel the need to shout at people who upset their worldview by not wearing hoodies and spending our lives hanging around on suburban corners making strange nasal noises at each other and keeping abreast of which lager is currently on special offer at the local offie. Boy to their gibes make me feel foolish... :rolleyes:

I don't much like leather jackets though, unless they've something "new" to them, they look like someone whose very MoR trying hard not to look like they're MoR. The sort of thing even the Hoff only wears in an ironic manner now.

Leather's a great material for corsets. A leather corset with metal boning's about as hot as you can get. They're pretty damn expensive though, so I probably won't be gift-wrapping one for my special someone in the next couple of weeks :(

Advertisement