Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Searching for posts by users

Options
  • 25-07-2006 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question. I can't do a search for posts sorted by user. Its not that i'm looking for posts by other users but I keep track of the threads i'm posting in by just clicking on my username and bringing up a list of all the threads i've started, or posts i've made. Is there a way to turn this feature on for my account, even if its just so I can search my own previous posts?

I remember having the facility when I first joined, but it got turned off soon thereafter. All I get now is a page telling me I don't have permission to use this facility.

Also, as a side, how do I change my avatar picture to my own personal picture. I seem to be only able to use one of the pre-defined avatar pictures.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Do a search for past threads on this topi.....actually never mind :P

Recent posts of similar nature:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/searchbt.php?search=search+disabled

Ironically using the search feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

I used that feature to do a check on people before I bought something from them.

Pity its disabled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Use the Boardtracker search and search that persons Username, make do with what you have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

TomCo wrote:
    I used that feature to do a check on people before I bought something from them.

Pity its disabled.

It was too much of a load on the server and killing boards. It is being worked on at the moment and I think we'll see it return at some stage.:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

L31mr0d wrote:

Also, as a side, how do I change my avatar picture to my own personal picture. I seem to be only able to use one of the pre-defined avatar pictures.

You have to subscribe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TomCo wrote:

Pity its disabled.

Yeah, thats also a reason why I liked it, when buying items off adverts there's no way of actually checking the person you're buying from, whether people have complained about him before.

Also thanks faith for the info on the avatars

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

So any idea when this feature will be coming back its a feature I miss ALOT

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

CLoud mentioned it will be solved asap so have some patience! :p

Advertisement