Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there a meat/produce shortage in dublin?

Options
  • 25-07-2006 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭

ok i know this may sound stupid but ive been trying to buy a nice bit of sirloin steak in tallaghts square for the last 3 weeks with no avail and i was just wondering if this is just a local thing in my area or are other areas experiencing shortages in this or other products too. for instance i went into dunnes in the square yesterday and there was NO steaks at all. usually you can get a small one for about 3.40 but the only ones i saw were in tescos and they were going for a minimum of 6.57. so is there some kind of boycott going on i dont know about or what? and if you can get sirloin steak in your area is anything else missing. for example tescos have stopped stocking dennys steak and kidney pies in my area. just wondering

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'm guessing the BBQ weather isnt helping your quest.
    Didnt notice any probs in my local Tesco in Dundrum.
    Maybe ask one of the staff when their next shipment is due - you might just have checked before the next delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

never thought about BBQs, and theres a definate increase in em in my area so thats probably the reason. its just its never taken this long to get a shipment in and im off during the week so i usually get my pick of the best cuts cause most people still go on saturday. ah well i'll find out tomorrow when i go shopping :D

Advertisement