Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlon to Try in Laois (August 19)

• 25-07-2006 4:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭

I am involved with Trilogy Triathlon, a triathlon club based in Laois. We are organising, in association with The Heritage Health and Fitness Club, The Heritage Challenge Triathlon 2006.

The event takes place on Saturday 19 August and starts at The Heritage Health and Fitness Club Portlaoise, where competitors undertake a 440m pool swim.

After the swim, the cycle takes you to The Heritage at Killenard (sister hotel) - about 20km through Laois countryside. After transition 2, you then complete the course with a 5km run around the edge of the 72-Par Championship golf course.

There are over €1,000 worth of prizes in five categories:

Female - 1/2/3
    Male - 1/2/3
    Novice Female - 1/2/3
    Novice Male - 1/2/3
    Relay - First prize (3 parts)

There are also a number of spot prizes, a goody bag for all and refreshments at the end.

We have about 60 places in total on offer, and it is filling fast (at this time there are still about 20 places left). I would like to invite anyone on here to participate. In particular, we are offering a special 'Novice' prize category - reserved for triathletes who are competing for the first time, or who are in their first season in triathlon. Also, if you feel that you are good on one of the events, and would prefer to form part of a triathlon relay team, then by all means let me know.

Please drop me a PM with the following details and I will hold a place for you.

- Name
    - Male / Female
    - Date of Birth
    - Club
    - Mobile Number
    - Novice / Not.
    - Individual / Relay

Entry cost is €15 (or free if you happen to be a member of the Heritage fitness club at either Portlaoise or Killenard)

Also, more details at:
    http://trilogy.blogs.ie/category/2006-heritage-challenge/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Damn my wife and her stupid holidays........i'd feckin love to do one did one last year and it was a brilliant experience and would love to do on with such a swim length........best of luck with the event........would highly recommend it to anybody......

Advertisement