Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Hollister popular in Ireland?

• 25-07-2006 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I'm working there for the summer in the States. Are there any shops at home?

I'm getting to like the clothes a lot. Like A&F (owned by them), but cheaper and more laid-back.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Theres no Hollister(or Abercrombie) stores in Ireland at the moment, though I've heard different plans for a few.
    They're not as popular as Abercrombie branded clothing is here just yet, they're stuff is cool so it shouldn't prevent you from buying a load of it just because theres not a huge amount of people wearing it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Abercrombie has recently decided to take itself overseas. I think the first international store they're opening is in Tokoyo. London and Paris were next (I used to work with them and was on that conference call when the announcement was made).
    Hollister is owned by Abercrombie, so depending on the success of the international stores, they may consider opening Hollister abroad too. Ruehl is the latest Abercrombie creation but there aren't many. That will probably go abroad as well.
    But you'll find no Hollister or Abercrombie in Ireland right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I got a few pairs of both Abercrombie and Hollister combats off eBay, and I must say the Hollister ones are the best pairs I own. Love 'em! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Apparently there's an A&F opening over here this year though since Ireland is one of their biggest buyers.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I'm in the States at the moment too, not the biggest fan of Hollister clothes. But Abercrombie have some fantastic stuff, especially for girls. The range of fashion over here is amazing compared to some of the filth you find in most of the main street stores in Ireland. The distinct lack of tracksuit wearing scum is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 flotus1

Hollister is very popular here in cork and i heard that you were putting a shop in Mahon Point, if that is true when will you be coming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Zombie thread - closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement