Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm american, but my heritage is sligo/lietrim

• 25-07-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

I want to move back when I grow up, Should I?

Also, what is the etimology of my last name, Marlow?

Thanks,
    Seamus

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

I want to move back when I grow up, Should I?

Also, what is the etimology of my last name, Marlow?

Thanks,
    Seamus

you know the meaning of the word etimology and you want to grow up???

only kidding:D

unfortunately im not from sligo/leitrim but hang about and the answers will come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

seamus, firstly welcome to the north west

It all depends what you want from life and especially what age group you are.

Leitrim does not offer much in the line of employement, call center and factory work mainily but if you are qualified sligo is more the place.

Leitrim has a nice relaxed atmosphere but this is all dependant what you want

Give us some more details and as relativity says, the answers will come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭seamus21514

I'm 12, can apply for ROI Citezen ship, don't want to nessasarly live in the nw, even though i like it the best.I would like to do journalism, preferbaly for RTe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Seamus, as nanook said you are welcome to this forum. Unfortunately I dont really know Leitrim or Sligo as i am in a place called Donegal which makes up the last of the 3 counties that are part of the North West area.

you are a young man with a lot of good life ahead of you and Im sure your parents will guide and help you through the next few years. I think you should really wait a couple of years before deciding what you want to do with the rest of your life.

by all means keep in touch with us here and also tell your parents to do the same as Im sure they would like to be in contact with other people who originally come from the Sligo/leitrim area

Well, I guess i'll stay at the ICDG forum. I guess i was getting ahead of myself though. whatever. I guess i could just post around the northwest in general if you don't mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Well, I guess i'll stay at the ICDG forum. I guess i was getting ahead of myself though. whatever. I guess i could just post around the northwest in general if you don't mind.
    You are more than welcome to post here whenever you wish. The only problem you may have is that you will find that most of the topics that are being discussed here involve local issues and that may be a bit boring for you.

as i said earlier maybe mum or dad would like to post here also

Not really, it's not that their not intrested it's just they weren't born in Ireland, my grandparents were.

Advertisement