Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kerastase-opinions??

• 25-07-2006 8:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Everyone has been saying that kerastase is the best for hair care. Has anyone here tried any of their products? I want to no if the hype is true before I go and fork out for anything

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

I know everyone recommends it and I'm a sucker for anything well-marketed etc but I bought the yellow tub of conditioning mask ages ago - and to be honest it smelled lovely but wasn't the best conditioner I've ever used. I have very fine hair that's highlighted so gets very damaged. The best conditioning treatment I've discovered is to go to bed with olive oil and tre semme on the mid-end lengths - wash it out and condition in the morning for the ultimate silkyness! Kerstase is overhyped in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

I use this from time to time and find it very good http://www.hqhair.com/code/products.asp?PageID=96&SectionID=152&FeaturedID=693&FeaturedProduct=645&pID=1
    Leaves my hair very soft. A lot of people say that using Kerastase all the time leaves a bit of a residue on hair but I don't use it often enough to know tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭ThrownAway

Residue as in leaves your hair feeling greasy? I haven't tried it yet.

I think the best conditioner for my hair type is aussie 3 minute miracle...it really is a miracle :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

It leaves my hair feeling greasy and heavy so I don't like it. I much prefer redken products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

me too i love redkens deep fuel treatment its much better than kerastase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

ive been using it since i wasd about 11 and wouldnt dream of using anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

The conditioner I used wasnt great at all. Wasnt pleased with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

The conditioner I used wasnt great at all. Wasnt pleased with it

In fairness, perhaps you didn't need it?

My hair was in a very bad state a few years ago (dyed to bits, split ends, my it was incredibly badly damaged, just through not really caring what I was doing to it!)

I started using the Kerastase Masqueintense weekly. The condition of my hair improved drastically. so much so that I could see and feel an immediate improvement in my hair. I used it religiously on a weekly basis for a year or two.

That was a few years ago. I found a tub of the product in the press a few weeks ago and decided to finish it off.

It left my hair feeling sticky and limp - and I feel that it's because my hair is much healthier now, it doesn't need that intense conditioning treatment. No point in throwing your money away on something you really don't need, is there?

If you still really want to use the products, go to the salon and ask them for help choosing a product in the line that is right for you. That way you are "fixing" a problem you have instead of just buying the product for vanity!

I understand what you're saying Vibrant but it was my hairdresser who recommended the Kerastase products. I think she hadn't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

Time to change hairdressers Oobie!

• Advertisement

vibrant wrote:
    Time to change hairdressers Oobie!

Am on the lookout for somewhere good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭watersprings

Kerastase is excellent - their shampoos, conditioners and more specifically their treatments are super. Their "Bain Satin" is a great treatment - particularly if you have dry or damaged hair.

Advertisement