Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Italian Appeals

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

The origional Tribunal and the Appeals were in no way controled by the Italian FA, AFIK the appeals were in the Italian Appeals court, and the origional tribunal was organised by the countrys sports court.

To add to that, do any of you even know what the evidence against A.C. Milan or Adriano Gillianni was?

One 2 minute phone conversation during which Mr. Gallianni said NOTHING, sighed once and hung up while an unnamed official from another club was still talking, dammning stuff I know, they should not just be relegated, they should be demoted to the swiss 5th division, the corrupt bastards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Seaneh wrote:
    To add to that, do any of you even know what the evidence against A.C. Milan or Adriano Gillianni was?

One 2 minute phone conversation during which Mr. Gallianni said NOTHING, sighed once and hung up while an unnamed official from another club was still talking, dammning stuff I know, they should not just be relegated, they should be demoted to the swiss 5th division, the corrupt bastards!

according to my cousins italian, ac milan supporting bf, a phone call was made asking for the same treatment others were getting.

Stekelly wrote:
    according to my cousins italian, ac milan supporting bf, a phone call was made asking for the same treatment others were getting.

According to the tribunal it was an incomming call during which Gillianni did exactly as I said.
    Otherwise Gallianni would have been banned for a lot longer than 8 months.

Infact, the tribunal explicitally stated that Milans penalty was light because of "lack of evidence"....

Milan have reacted to last night’s Calciopoli appeal verdicts with partial satisfaction, even if the Italian giants have again protested their innocence.

The Rossoneri saw their points penalty for next season’s Serie A reduced from 15 to eight and were also only relegated to third in last term’s table which will allow them to compete in the 2006-07 Champions League preliminaries.

Vice-President Adriano Galliani, who was handed a nine-month ban, waited for the verdict in the club’s headquarters in Via Turati.

Immediately after the sentence was read, Galliani did not speak directly to the Press, but invited the fans who had been waiting in the street to come inside.

“This is still an injustice, as during the only incriminating phone call regarding us, I never spoke a word, but only listened,” he stated.

“Anyhow, as we now have the Champions League, my next step will be to go to Milanello and speak to the players,” added the former League President.

“We only want those who are sincerely motivated to stay.”

Many Milan players were still on holiday, but have immediately been called back to Milanello to train for the Champions League preliminary ties, which will take place on August 8 and 23.

Galliani is also convinced that his team will bridge the eight-point deficit in the League before Christmas.

The Rossoneri club’s lawyer, Leandro Cantamessa, stated that he was partially satisfied by the verdict.

“It cannot be considered a victory, but after the July 14 decisions, it is a definite improvement,” he stated.

“The CAF verdict was a true blow for us, but this last verdict at least allows us to compete in next term’s Champions League.”

Galliani will appeal against his nine-month ban, but nothing has yet been decided about Milan.

“I don’t know if the club will decide to pursue the case in other forums, including civil courts,” concluded Cantamessa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Seaneh wrote:

Oh right,its all a mis-understanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Well, im happy out with the way the whole thing's panning out anyway..when the big rumour was that Juve were getting relegated to Seria C the stock plummetted to under half what it was in May so i bought 1000e's worth. Was expecting it to be a longish term investment id make up when they got up to A in 3 years or so but the punishments getting lighter and lighter, looking like it might be worth selling by the end of this season at the moment! Not really relevent but just said id gloat a bit..i did mention my plan on the another italian scandal thread though..anyone else go for it?

Aren't Juve privetly owned, by a family?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,071 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

well unless im a distant relative then i guess not! Nah they on the stock market.

http://www.lse.co.uk/shareprice.asp?shareprice=JFC&share=juventus_football_club_spa_eur0.10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

~Rebel~ wrote:
    well unless im a distant relative then i guess not! Nah they on the stock market.

http://www.lse.co.uk/shareprice.asp?shareprice=JFC&share=juventus_football_club_spa_eur0.10

Either that or you've been swindled ;)

Advertisement