Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eyebrow piercings

Options
  • 25-07-2006 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I got my eyebrow pierced today and im really disliking the size of the hoop, looks way to big. I badly want to change it but not sure how long i have to wait, after ive had it done for about a week and the swelling goes down is it possible to take the hoop out and replace it with another before it has a chance to heal up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

You should wait about six to eight weeks anyway. Due to the high proportion of eyebrow piercings that reject the last thing you want to do is go fiddling with it too early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 InMe

Im just really worried about the size of it at the moment though, I know i will defiently keep catching it and i can see it easily been ripped out, plus the fact it looks stupid. How long does it take for swelling to go down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

6 to 8 weeks if you want it to be safe, you could always destroy your skin by takin it out in a week... just leave it in :P I have seen people just put a bandage over it;)

I really think i may have to take it out then, dont think i will be able to put up with it for 8 weeks. So far its been there for a matter of hours and its frustrating me so much.

Is it true most piercers put bigger piercings in to allow for swelling?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Allowance is often made alright.

bedlam wrote:
    Assuming it is actually gets swollen give it time to go down (a week should do usually) and go back to your piercer to get a smaller size. It is perfectly fine to swap out to something better fitting, you just don't want to be doing it too much
    Ok thanks for that, makes me feel better about it. I was thinking i was going to have to be have this hoop in for about 2 months which would have been a struggle.

I had my ears pierced recently and i know you need to keep twisting them when you get them done but do you need to keep moving the eyebrow piercing about? Also i did move it today and it stung abit, as theres some bruising at the moment could it be anything to do with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Sadly I had to let my eyebrow close over, it never healed properly so I had to take it out.

Advertisement