Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Airport Wifi

• 25-07-2006 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Is the Wifi in Dublin Airport free? Is it throughout the entire airport (well, within public areas..) ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ciaranfo wrote:
    Is the Wifi in Dublin Airport free? Is it throughout the entire airport (well, within public areas..) ?

Thanks

www.daa.ie

Wireless Internet Access

Dublin Airport is a WiFi zone, offering wireless broadband service in Arrivals, Departures, the Mezzanine, The Street, and Departure gates in Piers A, B, C, along with the North Terminal. You can purchase time from various retailers throughout the airport or directly online.

To use the wireless service - find or enter the network name 'eircom', operation mode 'Network Infrastructure', and Authentication Level 'Open'. A login page will appear and provide additional instructions on how to use the service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Charge? Bah... I'll need to look into the costs.

Can anyone tell me if those locations pretty much cover places you'd be in the airport if you were going to the US?

And where is this online purchase? Is it through Eircon or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Ciaranfo - you might get a better response in the Travel/Holidays forum. A lot of posters there are frequent flyers.

I thought I might get a better response in the Wireless forum where wireless geeks hangout lol...

I'll ask a mod to move it though, good idea :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

This used to be free in all the three major Airports, well two airports and the barn up by Limerick but on last hearing it was still only free in the Barn

MC

BTW Don't ask the staff in the Barn if they have WiFi, I did and they didn't know. Just opened lappie scanned and it connected, gas really as there is a cafe (which is where is asked) downstairs that tries to charge you to surf... LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

As far as I know, it's free in the Anne Livia [??spelling??] lounge. But you need to pay something like €20 for a 3 or 4 hour stay in the lounge. It might work out cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Not that this is much help but shannon was free. Cant verify as i havnt been there in about a year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

The whole problem with all these Hotspots is that .They charge (eircom for eg) say a fiver for a half hour.. I';d love to be able to buy maybe a couple of hours and use five mins here ten mins there etc etc... later today next week etc etc.use them as you need ...also That it would be valid in any eircom hotspot..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It was usefull in Dublin airport when it was free but they have had it as paied only access for a good while now. I did buy a card once when I was there from one of the coffee shop places as I had a long time to wait for my flight and was getting bored, but I could never get the code on the card to work so that was just a good waste of a fiver, or whatever it cost.
    JohnnieM wrote:
    The whole problem with all these Hotspots is that .They charge (eircom for eg) say a fiver for a half hour.. I';d love to be able to buy maybe a couple of hours and use five mins here ten mins there etc etc... later today next week etc etc.use them as you need ...also That it would be valid in any eircom hotspot..
    You can buy monthly subscriptions to access their hotspots but it would only be any good if your going to be making a lot of use of them.
    An eircom hotspot subscription offers unlimited wireless broadband access to any eircom hotspot location, via your own username and password, with over 900 locations available nation-wide.

3 hotspot subscription options

Existing eircom broadband customers
    Order an eircom hotspot subscription for just €12.10 (incl. VAT).

eircom customers without broadband
    Order an eircom hotspot subscription for just €30.25 (incl. VAT).

So there's numerous different wireless networks in Dublin airport? So if I'm moving around I'll need to buy a different voucher for each one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

ciaranfo wrote:
    So there's numerous different wireless networks in Dublin airport? So if I'm moving around I'll need to buy a different voucher for each one?
    Although you'll pickup many different access points they are all on the same network, apart from the one for the ??? ??? lounge area, so you just need the one voucher. Getting it to work might be a different matter though, but that could have just be me.

Advertisement