Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comparing IAVI and IPAV??

Options
  • 25-07-2006 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me the major differences between both the main property bodies in Ireland?

Is one better than the other? Which has the most members and what qualifications??

Just wondering if anyone can tell me the difference??

I dont want any anti-auctioneer, property boom is crazy remarks, just want to know about the bodies

Cheers for looking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The more upmarket, larger, city auctioneers seem to be IAVI in my experience. I could be wrong about this though. I would be more inclined to go IAVI but that is probably pure prejudice on my part.

You don't have to be a member of either to be an auctioneer.

I don't know the details on the qualifications front.

a.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

There are *no* professional qualifications needed to be a member of either institute. Simply membership fees to be paid. Likewise there is no statutory supervision of members and their activities, nor recourse for the public other than through civil proceedings, should their dealings with a member of either institute be less than satisfactory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Well, I'm a member of IPAV so I'd say there the best but it doesn't really make one better than the other. The advantage of IPAV is that there members are affiliated to the European Confederation of European Estate Agents (CEI) which represents over 20,000 estate agents across Europe.

You don't have to be part of a member of any group to be an auctioneer so some auctioneers don't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Interesting replies, thanks guys..

I was under the assumption you needed to have certain qualifications and/or experience before you could join either organisation??

Advertisement