Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I need anew haircut, Please help!

• 26-07-2006 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

Ok ive had my hairstyle for quite a bit now, but ive just grown out of it.
    Its just a short on back and sides with a flicked up fringe, but i think it just looks a bit babyish now.

Im thinking of shaving it all off. Its brown ( I actually look like a 22 year old Damon Albarn) but i have a cows lick in the middle of my fringe...

Ah any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

Have you seen anything that you like? Perhaps put up a few pictures and ask our opinions.

Cow's licks can be annoying. The hairstyle you have at the moment makes it less of an issue since you can gel it in place.

What kind of hair do you have. Is it thick or thin? How much time do you want to spend doing it in the morning? There are a lot of things to consider before you make a choice.

If you do, as you claim, look like Damon Albarn the out of bed look would be cool. You also would not have to spend too much time in fron of the mirror in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i have the same hair and the same problem and its fairly thick. Need to get somthing done with it but its hard to style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Long hair = win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

if i try to grow my hair long it just fros out afro1.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Grimes wrote:
    i have the same hair and the same problem and its fairly thick. Need to get somthing done with it but its hard to style.
    me 3

was jus thinkin bout this on the walk home

I kinda want a long style, so was thinkin of this:

9_282x210.jpg

its pretty much the same now except way shorter, and my fringe is flicked up

* My hair is like medium thickness, and kinda bristly

Q: Any tips for changin ur fringe???? [loads of gel?]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Mrbrianmolko

I would love my hair in the style of the above picture but due to to the cows lick i dont think it would work to well. And i hate my hair in-between styles when your trying to grow it...i usually just end up going to the barber and getting it cut into my old normal style.

I would love my hair in the style of the above picture but due to to the cows lick i dont think it would work to well. And i hate my hair in-between styles when your trying to grow it...i usually just end up going to the barber and getting it cut into my old normal style.

Firstly with that kind of attitude you won't get any change. You need to know what you want to to do. You would have a problem with your fringe if you have a cow's lick. Why don't you try going to somwhere like Grafton Barbers. Your hair cut will cost around €18 but they will be more attentive when you tell them what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

oh you lady-boys crack me up - 18 euro for a haircut

KH is right

long hair = win

Ph3n0m wrote:
    oh you lady-boys crack me up - 18 euro for a haircut

KH is right

long hair = win

What an ass. Why would you bother visiting this forum if you're going to be like that? Just because you like to look like Stevie Wonder cut your hair doesn't mean other people do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Stephanos wrote:
    What an ass? Why would you bother visiting this forum if you're going to be like that? Just because you like to look like Stevie Wonder cut your hair doesn't mean other people do!

hah you missed the point - I dont get my hair cut :)

And surely it should be ! instead of ? - cause it looks like you are asking me "am I an ass?" and of course I am going to say no :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Stephanos wrote:
    Just because you like to look like Stevie Wonder cut your hair doesn't mean other people do!

haha,they used that joke in south park years ago

Beekay wrote:
    haha,they used that joke in south park years ago

Yea I know. Thought it deserved a mention :D

Go and get a hair cut you hippy! (Simpsons)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

I'm currently growing my hair nice and long but it gets very thick and heavy. So what can I do to lighten the load?
    With all this hot weather I've been tempted to go back to short hair but dammit! I want it long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

da_deadman wrote:
    I'm currently growing my hair nice and long but it gets very thick and heavy. So what can I do to lighten the load?
    With all this hot weather I've been tempted to go back to short hair but dammit! I want it long.

if you are talking about the same kind of long hair i have,then an undercut helps a lot,i just got my one done again,really helps!

but your prob not

by the way

KH is right Long Hair = win

da_deadman wrote:

You could get it thinned out. This would involve cutting into the hair as opposed to across it. It would shorten it slightly but take the weight out of it. It can be useful if your hair is thick. A run of the mill barbers could do it but if you were willing to spend a little more you could go somewhere they could do a far better job. However please do bear in mind that if you go to somewhere like this you run risk of being referred to as a lady-boy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Would Chemical Hair straighteners/relaxers work on a cow lick?????

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

abetarrush wrote:
    me 3

was jus thinkin bout this on the walk home

I kinda want a long style, so was thinkin of this:

9_282x210.jpg

its pretty much the same now except way shorter, and my fringe is flicked up

* My hair is like medium thickness, and kinda bristly

Q: Any tips for changin ur fringe???? [loads of gel?]
    My hair is exactly like that but a bit longer.
    I don't know what to do with my hair, don't like it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Ok ive had my hairstyle for quite a bit now, but ive just grown out of it.
    Its just a short on back and sides with a flicked up fringe, but i think it just looks a bit babyish now.

Im thinking of shaving it all off. Its brown ( I actually look like a 22 year old Damon Albarn) but i have a cows lick in the middle of my fringe...

Ah any suggestions?

Hey! Need more details. How about scanning in a pic of yourself as you are now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

i have a blade 4 sides + back, and top kind of longish. then leave the rest up to hairgel:D

Advertisement