Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTB: New guild/server.

• 26-07-2006 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭

At the moment I'm on Outland with the Meta(morphosis) guild. A few from here are in it too, I'm sure.

I'm having a bit of a problem though. I am basically, busting my balls, attending every raid I possibly can. Up until a week ago, that meant Aq20, Molten Core and Zul'gurrub only.

As of late, I've been made a "Casual" meaning I can sign up for places like BWL, AQ 40 and even Naxxramas attempts. Now, to say I am doing so, is an understatement. I am basically the first signed up for a mage slot, safe in the knowledge that should there be 6/5 mages then I am the first to go.

Needless to say, this doesnt make for a happy mage, and on top of all this I find myself competing against an alt mage on every instance below BWL, that I run. The fact is, the guy is on +350 spell damage with me on a measly +220, but he has the dkp/zkp so what can I say? :(

With this in mind, I am considering using blizzards new "pay 20 quid get a new server" option. Thus allowing me to join another server and at worst find a competent guild, just starting out at MC and at best, find a guild who is crying out for mages, who is willing to gear me up to tier 2 pretty fast all for naxxramas attempts.

I would consider myself an above average skilled player, I am an avid raider attending 5+ raids a week, I am always on time and focused and keen to learn, though with experience with BWL, MC, AQ 20, ZG and some AQ 40.

So, it is with a heavy heart, that I ask, does anyone have a guild on any server (horde only I am afraid) that requires a semi-tier 1 geared mage?

Anyone got any thoughts/criticisms/suggestions or guilds ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Have you talked to Verm about this? IIRC alts don't get priority for loot, and you're a main, so there shouldn't really be much problems, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hmmm...

Well, originally when I started back again, that might have been the case...
    but when it came to the 20 man instances, there was never any difference in priority between mains and alts.

Funnily enough, now that I am a casual, I have been told that casuals have the same priority as alts. So, its leaving me all very annoyed and confused.

But Demeant0r (as thats what you'll always be to me :p) I really dont know what there is to discuss. The guy has the dkp/zkp from busting his balls for months raiding. The reason he can afford to outbid me on every item is because he too attends every raid. So what more can be said?

Tell him to stop bringing his mage, change the priority system just for me?
    I have thought about this long and hard and as far as I can see, this is really the only fair option. Thats not to say I am happy about it, nor looking forward to it as I have alot of friends in Meta, but this game is all about gear (especially at this late a stage) and I find myself lacking badly :(

Btw, I thought you were azuregos and that you stopped playing, ages ago? ;) Do you still play in meta? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

If your guild is giving priorty to alts over mains, then you probably should look elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've 2 60's. A 60 rogue named Azureus, and a 60 Hunter named Felicitia. I've stopped playing for EQ2 :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Dustaz wrote:
    If your guild is giving priorty to alts over mains, then you probably should look elsewhere.

QFTW!

We run a Mains > Potienal Members (someone trying out in the guild) > Alts system. Alts are restricted to a certain number of targets and a certain number per raid. Alts never get anything unless no main or PM wants them. Then they get the item for free as we do not award Alts DKP, think of it as paying dkp to bring an alt on raid.

Honestly I have over twice your +dmg Ivan and I'm a Shaman!

• Advertisement

Senritsu wrote:
    I've 2 60's. A 60 rogue named Azureus, and a 60 Hunter named Felicitia. I've stopped playing for EQ2 :P
    Ah... your Felicitia, I never knew :o
    Shame to realise only after you are gone, who you are :(
    You'll be missed ;)

Uhm, dustaz, I kinda thought thats what I was doing. I am looking elsewhere because I am not making any progress (or at least, not as fast as I would like)

And the system thus far is that Mains do have priority over alts, but not in instances we have on Farm, i.e. MC/ZG/AQ 20.

Though, on top of this, alts are equal to Casuals (even mains), I got the casual rank from not playing for 3-4 months, so its really my own fault.

And as lovely as it is having you lot telling me how I fail at being a mage, I would like some helpful conversation here :p

I think the biggest problem is, we just cant fill an MC run anymore (today for example we have 34/40 people) whereas people are fighting for spots for BWL.

Wow, its a serious business ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sounds like you're in a "Hardcore" guild. If their style of play doesn't suit you look for viable alternatives on your server. Will be easier to get in somewhere if you know a few people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

You haven't looked at your status lately as of about.... a week ago have you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Have a word with your GL and say that your back as a full time raider and get yourself promoted back where you belong.

If he wont just say youll leave and that leaves them even more screwed for MC.
    Sounds like a stupid system.

But the style of play does suit me, down to the ground. The people are very relaxed and most of us get on well. I enjoy doing the 5+ raids a week (though I kinda wish there were more) though perhaps thats just because my gear sucks and I want to play catch up.

The fact is, if I was assured a mage spot in BWL/Naxx each week, then I would be damn happy but I'm not. And because I cant be assured a spot, I cant be assured my gear will improve, thus making it a catch 22.

I cant improve, therefore I'm not needed, therefore I cant improve.

/me sighs.

I'm still just considering it as an option, but I guess I'll have to face the fact that no guild would want a badly geared mage, no matter how eager/active they are.

Oh and to reclaim some of my lost honour, I have +220 spell damage and +83/76 fire/frost spell damage respectively :p

• Advertisement

Must say though Sou, you missed the Casual changes I did a while ago or something o.O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

absolute rubbish I've never in any guild I've been in saw an alt get priority over a main, its always given to the alt if a main does not want it.

sunzz wrote:
    absolute rubbish I've never in any guild I've been in saw an alt get priority over a main, its always given to the alt if a main does not want it.
    Yeah, ZG/AQ20 drops. MC/BWL on farm, not exactly an issue for us, starting to take alts on BWL runs too.

Oh dear... now I feel like a complete tool :eek:

Seems I got promoted...
    I'd like to thank my mom, and God and err... :cool:

Wow, while I'd like to apologise for being a complete twat, I do wish people would point out to me when my rank is increased as its not something you look at every day :p

And verm, without unneccessary ass kissing, I do like the loot system in Meta. I can only presume I will like it even more when the time comes to fit out my alts in hawt epics but it is kinda sickening that I am still running around in half blues when robbery is, for lack of a better term, robbing them from me :p

Anyway, I consider this issue resolved and its kinda nice to know that my BWL spot for tomorrow which I got first, where there are 6/5 mages signed, I wont lose ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

Hope nothing drops for you :D

Lol just messing mate, best of luck.

Last week not a single caster loot dropped :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Heh I'm glad it's all worked out happy faces etc. would've hated to see you leave Ivan/Sou. Though I had to laugh at the whole not getting geared up quickly enough thing.

Sou's loot in three to four weeks of raiding (with no MC for at least one of the two weeks due to patch screwiness):

Arcanist Crown, Bindings, Leggings. Gloves of Hypnotic Flame, Bloodcaller, 2 x ZG Mage set epics, Touch of Chaos, Fireball Book, Arcane Missles Book and assorted ZG/AQ20 blues. Mostly for min dkp! :) Not to mention the mostly guild ZG PUGs where you've got some other good stuff (Heart?).

I understand where you're coming from from a raid perspective giving that your attendance was so good but I dunno what sort of fantasy guild you were thinking of that would gear a newly 60 as quickly or better. If your priority was simply and totally loot (which I know it isn't) then Meta would still have been just about the best place to stay. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Any way WoW is not about phat loots.....

Data if you go near my nef mace I will keel you! Then proceed to ensure I get the end of dreams ahead of you....bloody druids!

But honestly phat loots mean nothing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Glad to see, it worked out well for you. And it sounds like my guild on Emeriss runs a very similar system to you guys.

But on the subject of alts, beating mains. We have this happening in our guild and I am so glad to see it happening.

Some classes reroll alts, so they can grind, we give them equal priority in ZG/AQ20/MC and allow them to get geared up. (As most our healers) Its our way of saying thanks for keeping your priest/druid/paladin in PVE spec (not forced) and for assiting this raid. Although we operate a be generous policy, people who are too greedy get the boot. Everyone is happy and cool, when they see everything being shared out nicely. makes raiding fun. Oh and most of our alts, pass on items for mains anyway if they really need it.

And its funny we have the same problems with MC attendance, and done it last night with 34, took 25 mins longer, but still under 3 hours.

Our MCs are filled with alts, a couple of mains who get dragged in.

Thinking of ditching the sodding place, only thing worth getting in there are tier 2 leggings.

• Advertisement

Which I no longer need anymore!

/dance

Though the azuresong mageblade is quite nice ;)
    Still, I guess I'll have to settle for a claw of chromaggus :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Our MCs are filled with alts, a couple of mains who get dragged in.

Thinking of ditching the sodding place, only thing worth getting in there are tier 2 leggings.

Would you go back to Strath after you'd started MC and ZG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭DamoVOTF

Sure Strat can still be a laugh, grinding in there is awesome money.

Yeah but only for a laugh. It's not something you'd do every time someone wanted a run...

2 or 3 manning it seems to be the in thing these days ;)

If you can 2 man it the money made from Righteous orbs is hard to beat...

We did it the other day in a 4 man group with most of us in blues. All with a shaman healing and tanking at the same time ;)

Ivan wrote:
    2 or 3 manning it seems to be the in thing these days ;)

If you can 2 man it the money made from Righteous orbs is hard to beat...

We did it the other day in a 4 man group with most of us in blues. All with a shaman healing and tanking at the same time ;)

I remember the run when I got my Shadowcraft Spaulders... And 4 Righteous Orbs... Greatest run ever...

Advertisement