Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could I get into a decent college?

Options
  • 26-07-2006 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am a senior applying at colleges in NYS.
    My GPA is a 3.0 and I am a tri-sport athlete. I scored a 26 on my ACT and a 1710 on my SAT.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Almost none of that will make any sense to most Irish students ... Care to elaborate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

so 1710 puts you in the 82 percentile according to Wikipedia which means you are an above average student?

Also Wikipedia gives me this...B = Above Average or Above Average Expectation; or second 10% (80-89) = 3.0

So I'd say you should have a good chance of getting into university in Ireland but not starting this Fall.

You should contact some of the universities you are interested in. UCD has strong sports programs although we don't really play american football, baseball or lacrosse seriously and we don't play ice hockey at all so the chances of getting a sports scholarship for any of those sports is slim. A lot of the scholarships go to men for soccer and GAA as far as I know but email the sports dept and see.

www.ucd.ie

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

NYS is New York State. Methinks the OP doesn't have Geography as a strong point, or failed to notice boards is a .ie site.

So much for SATs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

*rofl* :d

Advertisement