Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tactics???

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

i have been playing fm06 now for a few months but can never seem to do well with any of the so called "big" teams that i manage. it must be down to the tactics im using. do you change tactics on a game to game basis or do u stick to one formation no matter what? i've tried every possible formation with chelsea and nothing seems to work. i end up drawing loads of games, when really with the team i have i should be walking over anyone. any suggestions on tried and tested formations? do u alter the player tactics as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well its really a combination of the having right formation + the right player instructions + having the right players to carry all that out.

As as example, there's no point in designating a playmaker in your team, if they didn't have 18+ for Creativity, Decisions, Passing, Positioning, the whole formation/strategy would otherwise fail. Similarly theres no point in using wingers to cross balls to a forward's head if he his heading is <15.

Also I try rejig formations for away games and play more cautious football. And ive also found that after a couple of seasons a formation can be rendered ineffectual as the AI appears to learn how to combat it.

Post up your current tactics, instructions and the players used and we'll see what could be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

I've found that once you use the 4-4-2 free, with the players in their correct positions you'll win nealy anything ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 keeffor

i tried 4-4-2 free and it didn't work, did you change the player instructions? whats the best formation that seems to work with chelsea?

anyone gonna help me?

also, any suggestions on the type of signings you should be making at clubs like chelsea? i signed podolski, torres! neither really doing the business up front though

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

4-4-2 Free is the business. Get your wingers trained on both sides and your laffing

• Advertisement

thats another thing, sorry to sound stupid, what do u mean train my wingers up, what training do i need to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

keeffor wrote:
    thats another thing, sorry to sound stupid, what do u mean train my wingers up, what training do i need to do?

As in make sure they can play on both wings i would think he means. Also i just bought podolski for my liverpool team in my second season and i think his great.

so 4-4-2 free with robben and j cole as wingers should work? i don't need to change anything else? to be honest i just wanna have a season where i trash everyone!!!! has anyone ever had the scenario where abraimovich just buys a player of his own accord because he wants to see more big names at the club??? who do u recommend buying for chelsea???

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It happened me at Celtic, Quinn's bid got rejected and he left me alone.

Lahm, Torres, Robinho, C.Ronaldo, Tevez, Kompany, Vanden Borre, Kerlon, Ze Eduardo, Nigel De Jong, Wesley Sneijder, Cesc Fabregas, Javier Masherano would be a start

has anyone tried using 4-1-2-2-1 for chelsea, makelele holding with duff and robben as two attacking wingers? thats the formation chelsea use in reality.

• Advertisement

keeffor wrote:
    has anyone tried using 4-1-2-2-1 for chelsea, makelele holding with duff and robben as two attacking wingers? thats the formation chelsea use in reality.

Tryed lots of formations but now just stick to the 4-4-2 as i find it works best for me.

if you get the right system, is it necessary to change tactics for home and away games or can one system work no matter what?

keeffor wrote:
    if you get the right system, is it necessary to change tactics for home and away games or can one system work no matter what?

I use the same home and away. Ones or twice i have went all out and defended when away but not offten.

Advertisement