Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6131 on Irish networks?

• 26-07-2006 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if Vodafone/Meteor/O2 are releasing this phone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Don't know but I know you can buy it sim free cos I did!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

storka wrote:
    Don't know but I know you can buy it sim free cos I did!!

How much and where did you get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37 moc63

3g are selling them for around 300 euro
    it has a well laid out keypad
    great screen
    radio/mp3 player

battery life is poor
    the voice tags are created automatically, when you key in the contact name.
    maybe this is the reason why i could not get the voice dialling working
    this to me is the main fault i have with the phone.wanted to use the bluetooth with it when driving.:mad
    :
    pity because i really like the phone
    i think vodafone will have them next month

Regards
    moc63

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

The best price I've seen is €241 shipped on pixmania.com. Someone said they bought it for €260 in Dublin....I'll pay that if I have to but I'd like to know if any Irish networks are releasing them so I could try and get someones upgrade or something.

I've been reading a 100 page thread on it in another forum...perfect phone for me. I'm used to crap battery life on my 7250i, as long as it lasts from morning until I charge it going to bed, it's fine for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

I've been reading a 100 page thread on it in another forum.

Could you post the link please, I would like to read it. My dad just bought it abroad (Azerbaijan) for €188 sim free

• Advertisement

Yeah I got if for 269 in a phone shop on O'Connell Street and i'm really happy with. I do like to have nice extra features but wasn't willing to pay for an N70 or that. Battery life is fine I charge it maybe every second night or so which is typical of most.

Bit of advice buy a memory card for it and you can put everything you want on it!! I have 3 music albums, about 40 videos taken, 60 high quality images and i only have about 170mb used of my 512 card!

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=909633&page=122&pp=15

Where is the shop on O'Connell Street? Might wander in there for it tomorrow

If you are walking up Henry Street towards O'Connell St there is a travel agents on the corner and its about 2or 3 shops down. It's an internet cafe on the ground and there's a phoneshop upstairs.

Well I just ordered it there off pixmania.com for €253 shipped. Can't wait to get it! My 7250i is a great phone but has had its day

Can mp3s be played through the loudspeaker? if so how do they sound. From what I hear the speaker is apparently quite good.

• Advertisement

Yeah mp3s and the radio can be played through loudspeaker and the quality is perfect. You can even use them as your ring tone which is class!

Wowzers! amazing phone. I have a question regarding video playback though. I can get 3gp. files to work but not mp4... - I transfer files via bluetooth and use 'ImTOO' conversion software. The mp4 files play with sound but no video? what is wrong here. Also if anyone else had had success with mp4 files what conversion software have they used?
    Thanks

Advertisement