Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overcharging Banks - How to proceed

Options
  • 26-07-2006 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,

Ive just read the article in front page of the indo about the Irish Banks being forced to refund (yet again) for overcharging. I'm with BOI and over the last few years have had several loans which Ive paid off early. This article says BOI overcharged on payment protection and so have to refund.

My prob is Ive moved address over the last few years and am just afraid they wont be able to locate me (apparantly if they cant the money has to be paid to a charity so not too bad).

Does anyone know anything about this over-charging, i.e. how can I find out when refunds will be paid, who to etc ? As expected none of the banks websites mention anything about it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bounty

you bought payment protection? :D

to enquire about refunds, you probably need to contact the branch you opened the loan with, or phone their telephone banking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

zacharius wrote:
    Hi,

Ive just read the article in front page of the indo about the Irish Banks being forced to refund (yet again) for overcharging. I'm with BOI and over the last few years have had several loans which Ive paid off early. This article says BOI overcharged on payment protection and so have to refund.

My prob is Ive moved address over the last few years and am just afraid they wont be able to locate me (apparantly if they cant the money has to be paid to a charity so not too bad).

Does anyone know anything about this over-charging, i.e. how can I find out when refunds will be paid, who to etc ? As expected none of the banks websites mention anything about it.
    the article was in fact about all the previous overcharging issues not anything new or exciting and as for BOI refunding as a customer i was refunded twice over 18 months ago so if you have heard nothing yet you can ask the bank or accecpt that you were treated properly first time round or they failes to contact you and the monies ar egoing to a chairity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Contact the regulator see www.ifsra.ie and go to consumer section

also write to the bank- head office complaint dept and ask about your account

Advertisement