Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sub Domain Set-up

• 26-07-2006 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong forum but I cant seem to post in the web hosting one...

I'm doing work for a client who wants an ssl secured area of thier current website, ie https://www.secure.domain.com and I'm not finding any easy way to do this.

I'm dealing with IIS 6, any Ideas?

Also, this may seem like a noobish question, but are they going to have to register this sub-domain?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Hellm0 wrote:
    Hey all,
    Also, this may seem like a noobish question, but are they going to have to register this sub-domain?

Can't help you with your other question but you could ask your ISP to set up an A record for secure.domain.com to point to the IP address for domain.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭preilly79

DarrenG wrote:
    Can't help you with your other question but you could ask your ISP to set up an A record for secure.domain.com to point to the IP address for domain.com

don't forget that IIS will also have to be configured to respond to that subdomain. i dont have a copy of IIS running here right now, but if you right click your current site and hit properties you can add secure.domain.com as a valid hostname. i've done this many times, let me know if you need any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Well I've set up a host header for secure.domain.com but theres an inherent problem in that I cant assign an IP address to the main site right now as theres none free( I just noticed this...). This being a requisite for setting up SSL anyway I cant really go forward just yet, but thanks for your help anyway guys, appreciate it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Advertisement