Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House Insurance in Charlesland

Options
  • 26-07-2006 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hey Guys moving into my 2 bed apartment in September, mortgage company wants my house insurance sorted. Anyone got any recommendations for good home insurance? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Decks wrote:
    Hey Guys moving into my 2 bed apartment in September, mortgage company wants my house insurance sorted. Anyone got any recommendations for good home insurance? Cheers.

Your management fee covers your house insurance, as this is a block policy. Your solicitor can confirm this for you. This will not cover your contents however, so you will have to get these insured elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

Thanks Eoin. Any suggestions for Household contents?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Decks wrote:
    Thanks Eoin. Any suggestions for Household contents?

We use Glennon, but I have a work group scheme with them for motor and home insurance, so I get a good rate. May as well ring them though:
    http://www.glennons.ie/personal/home_insurance/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Decks

i shall give them a call so. cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭new arrival

guys your best bet is go to www.insure.ie, we've done it and got the best rate. Said to a few friends and they've all gone with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

Just so you know you don't have to have your contents cover in place for your mortgage people, so no hurry. All they're interested in is the block policy (ie. the building insurance) which as Eoin says your solicitor should get from the management company with the contracts.

Advertisement