Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Drink!!!

• 26-07-2006 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is somewhere in the Phoenix Park where a runner can stop to get a drink of water? Running in the park in this heat is one thing, but not being able to get a drink of water makes it rather unpleasant!!

Any directions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Domer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Did you ever find one Domer? I'm interested in this too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

No, never got a reply as you can see, and have not been able to find one. Was running in the park last night...14 miles... and it was hot and sticky. I drove around the loop earlier in the evening, and hid a bottle of water strategically. It was so refreshing!!!

The things we do for a drink!!

Domer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Hi mate, I ran in the park for a few years before I moved out of Dublin, there is no where I'm afaird. Why not run with a belt that carries a water bottle, it can be a bit of a pain at first, but I find mine really useful, carries my phone, mp3, keys, and two water bottles, if I'm off a really long one I can put some food in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

I was running a long run last thursday evening...(14 miles). I resorted to driving to the far side of the park and hiding a bottle of water behind a tree. It actually worked out very well as I could drink and run instead of stopping at a fountain to drink.

I like to idea of a belt, but would prefer to not have to carry anything with me for 2 hours just to get a drink. I have a bladder pack, but usually use it on the bike only.

Thanks for you advice,
    Domer

Advertisement