Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sex offender walks

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

He must be laughing.

Total miscarrage of Justace.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Just sent the college this email.....

To whom it concerns,

As a past pupil of Gormanston College, I am both shocked and out raged that the Franciscan Order protect Fr Ronald Bennett, after the fact of him admitting to charges of indecent assault, of boys in the college.

I went to the college in the early 90s and knew Fr. Bennett and had no problems with him, however I am sickened to hear he has admitted to these charges and has walked out of court, into what the media term 'house arrest' by the order. This really disturbs me as it makes the Franciscan order look to be 'above the law'. The man broke the law, broke the trust of parents, pupils and fellow members of the Franciscan Order, and is now being protected by the order, this absolutely sickens me.

I have many good memories of Gormanston, and of many of the Franciscan Community and I would have expected many of them to be ashamed of the bad reputation and stain Fr Bennett as put upon the college and community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it is sickening that perverts like this walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

I hate the 'justice' system in the country, i really do.

A suspended sentence for indecent assault. Disgusting, truly disgusting.
    And its not the first time either and it won't be the last either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭StarryBud

This is an outrage! This 71-year-old man should have been tortured to death! Quick, what's the email address of the Daily Mail?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭deezoid

I went to Gormanston in the late 80s/early 90s and rememember being summened to Ronnie's office fo a little sex-chat. I was alwways uncomfortable with the direction the chats went, and after he dropped the hand once I refused to go to his office ever again. He wasn't the only one there either, there was quite a few nonces who would try to ride ya, and if you put up a fight they'ed just give you a hiding instead - which I'm sure they got a jolly out of as well. I'm not that suprised at all. But it makes me feel a little bit happier about putting up a fight - when your a little lad you feel the men who your parents left you in the care of should not try and ride ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dowtcha

This man was in the news again recently - I was a boarder there - left in 83 - hence the curiosity - I am not sure who he is ??? - must be early onset of dementia or else I live in a parallel universe??

• Registered Users Posts: 7 18anna

Until what year did Fr Bennett actually teach in the college? I’ve googled it but can’t find this info. Would anyone know where I can find it?

Advertisement