Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to shop for snooker/pool diner tables?

• 26-07-2006 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

I'm furnishing a new appartment and I've decided to get one of these 2-in-1 kitchen / pool tables.

Price/colour/style/size are the major issues. I've loads of dark wood in the appartment, so I'd prefer to get a non-wood finish. Off-white would be perfect. Also, 6 foot is the size I'm after.

I started with the Majestic from EJRiley at €2450. After trawling the web looking, the most reasonable offer I have found is £999 including delivery for the same table at
    http://www.pooltablesonline.co.uk/proddetail.asp?prod=dptDiner
    You have to assemble it yourself, but it sounds fairly straightforward. (Aside: Is it really?)

Most sites, however, don't list prices and take ages to get back to you via email. I think I've done pretty well finding the offer above, but I thought it was worth asking your opinions.

Has anyone out there found a better offer on a decent looking table? Otherwise, has anyone come up with their own solution (e.g. suitable slim elegant table + handcrafted DIY dining top)?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

The table above is different to the Riley table. The riley one has a "rise and fall" mechanism that allows for 2 different levels. Lower for dining on as pool table height is awkward. The riley table is also an all wood table where as the one above is a laminate finish

As for assembly you can do it but will definately need help. With a company locally based you will get support if anything is wrong, chipped wood etc. It seems like a good table youv'e found, Thw cabinate seems big enough and the chairs they have in the photo barely fit under not really looking like it leaves much leg room.

If you have any questions about pool tables atall please ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭AlanG

The Riley table is great as a dining table - aside from the style of the legs you wouldn't easily know it was a pool table once the lid is on. If you buy a table without an adjustable height or that you cant sit under you will probably end up selling it in a year or so as they get frustrating after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭AlanG

one other thing - Riley in Dublin have 20% off at the moment, I think the sale strictly ends today but i would say if you were getting a table they would allow a day or two extra.

Advertisement