Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Accomodation Thread - All Queries Here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

Way ahead of ye! I rang the accommodation office earlier, i was told we'd find out in the post on friday, the deadline to pay is monday or tuesday next week so there you have it...

Fair Play to ya, at least you did something about it,
    Cheers you saved us all the price of a call:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Well you're all welcome to sleep on my floor. Just keep in mind that I'm a little bit drunkish now, and the rooms are small.

Hmm, sounds nice Blush!
    I'd say cosy rather than small,
    and i could deal with having someone's elbow in my back while i sleep as long as u have a roof!

Well now I just have'nt got a clue what's happening!
    Deadline for payement is tomorrow, yet we don't know if we've got a place yet!
    I rang UCD a number of times and all they say is 'they are unavailable'!
    I understand with the strike and stuff it's a hectic station but surely they could have something worked out!
    Has ANYONE heard anything??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

dovescar wrote:
    I understand with the strike
    There's no strike on (yet). But it is a busy time for accomadation office. They're prob about to move back to their term offices from their summer ones. Plus the rush to get Roebuck Hall open for Stepherunie. If they can't tell you now, you'll just have to wait. But I'd start looking for alternative accom now!

(I bet the builders will still be working on it as you move in Steph. Be prepared to come out of the shower and find a builder in your room fixing something!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

First thing is, don't panic, you'll most probably get it and even if you don't there are other places.... I have nowhere to live yet and im not even back in the country yet!

Also, if they say you'll find out Friday morning in the post then just hold on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

irlrobins wrote:
    There's no strike on (yet). But it is a busy time for accomadation office. They're prob about to move back to their term offices from their summer ones. Plus the rush to get Roebuck Hall open for Stepherunie. If they can't tell you now, you'll just have to wait. But I'd start looking for alternative accom now!

(I bet the builders will still be working on it as you move in Steph. Be prepared to come out of the shower and find a builder in your room fixing something!)

Yes they're opening it just for me, apparently first years are going in there too with us *joy* so it's just a general rush to get it done.

Thanks for the heads up with the builders and showers - already experienced it in Merville when i lived there with builders appearing at 8.30am. Charming really,

Same thing happened in Proby House two years ago. Builder only handed over the building to UCD the evening before everyone moved in. So bit of a rush. And for the next few weeks there were builders going around snagging and stuff.

And for one delightful evening, myself and a laptop going around all the bedrooms checking the wireless signal. Turns out some muppet wired in the repeaters back to front. :rolleyes:

As long as house 2 is ready I'll be happy. I can cope with snagging really - just so long as it's not as bad as the new building in my old school - a full year of snagging anyone????

They ahd better have a bedroom for me otherwise i really will kick there asses - i'm paying enough rent to them!

They had better have a bedroom for me
    My sources tell me that due to your vertically challenged nature, they have allocated you a cupboard in the kitchen. :p

• Advertisement

Excellent - I hear they're granting you special senior citizen rights around campus due to your advancing years. :p

I want my bloody ensuite!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

nothing in the post today, everyone else find out?

nothing in the post today, everyone else find out?

Wow, you heard nothing???
    I got confirmation today, then again im way down in Kerry, are u close to campus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Really? When? How?

nothing zilch! thru email or post. I live near waterford. was told on the phone id know on friday but now im frantically trying to get thru to the accommodation office on the phone all day with no success. Disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭XchampagneX

I got an email saying that the date for applications had closed but they'd put me on a cancelation list anyway..i faxed my application into them as soon as I got my offer so I've no idea what they're on about!!!

Guess you'll be commuting from Mount Merrion then.

I don't want to live in that house all on my own!!! :(

...Can I live with you then?

we'll see!! If i don't get on campus I suppose I'll prob see if anyone wants to keep me company

• Advertisement

Woot, fallback plan!

well finally got thru to them at at about half 4, got my place in merville:D they sed that the reason there was nothing in the post is because some of the places were only allocated today.

You're in waterford, right?

yeah near enough to waterford

=/

Waterford is only about 5 minutes further away than me...

Did you not get it? Where abouts u from?

yeah near enough to waterford
    ugh not fair...i'm in cork and i didn't get it!!

wel i jst looked it up on skoool.ie and it sed there that it was a lottery so maybe it wasnt commuting distance?

stupid lottery!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

you should ring them and complain, you applied before the closing date, you almost certainly should have a place considerin you live so far away!

Advertisement